Shorter Filter for hydraulics?

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics? #1  

RexB

Gold Member
Tractor
CK30HST TLB, JD 350 'dozer
We've had fun! Doing the 50-hour maintenance now and hadn't noticed that the Hyd Filter underneath won't clear the BH frame mount. I can't even get a skinny filter wrench onto it. Is that right?

Why didn't I notice that before DOH!
After i take off the BH/frame and get the old filter off, Is there a ~3/4" shorter hydraulics filter I can put on for a replacement? (I notice the cavity circumference inside is bigger than other filters.)

Orig Daedong filter #T2185-38031

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics? #2  
No need to remove the BH. On my CK25, I removed a brake link arm; just a cutter pin to remove...

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics?
Thanks paulbr, and welcome to the boards :)

You must have played with your Kioti for awhile as you've already done some maintaining. I was wondering after 40 views that the answers were going to be "yes" and "no", and they were.

So I just got finished doing it. On this CK30 the BH subframe is 3/8" under the filter and won't allow it to unscrew off its threads far enough. So, steel being flexible, I porta-powered the frame to the side 3/4" to get the filter wrench on it, unscrewed, and drop it down. The new filter is on. The subframe came back to its original straightness per a four-foot level straightedge, like it should have. Took ten minutes once I figured how to go at it.

And HA! Seven gallons of hydoil takes awhile to pour down the funnel.

So how are you lovin' your Kioti?

Kioti_Hyd_Filter_Remove_PortaPow-1.jpg

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics? #4  
I had the same problem with my CK30hst. I've been able to plan service when the bh was off.
Without the bh frame protection, some have dented their filters. I did mine last winter going over a hard snow pile. Others have hit the filter hard enough to break the filter mount. Just somethimg to be aware of.

Yeah I've heard, some ripped right off esp with the mowers on the three-point and no subframe protection.

I have a spare filtermount for when it happens to me, the roots/cut trees like to pop up from the ground.

My dozer hyd filter is in a heckuva better location.

This BH will rarely be off, the main thing i got the TLB for.

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics? #6  
I wanted to leave my backhoe on for the 400 hr. service so I could raise up the bucket and extend some of the cylinders. As it's been written here when you let the bucket down it squishes some of the old hydraulic oil out of the system. I've been looking at that filter and wondering if I could get it off around the backhoe frame. Thanks RexB for letting me know before I was half way through the project with hydraulic fluid running down my arms. I don't have a porta-power and it would freak me out bending the backhoe frame even if it does spring back so I guess I'm going to have to take the hoe off and leave that fluid in the cylinders. I've taken the hoe off a couple of times and while it isn't as fast as Kubota's 4 point system it is still pretty easy.

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics? #7  
I had no tractoring experience untill this spring when I got the CK25H. I might be a slow learner, but I am just starting to feel comfortable operating the bh and fel. The more I work with the machine, the more I'm convinced it was the right choice for me :) Now winter is coming and it will be a hole new experience; curious to see how I will manage in slepery conditions.

I should thank you all that contribute to this forum, it was great help in taking my decision.
Cheers, Paul

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics? #8  
paulbr, winter time should be no problem. I used my ck30 w/R4s with fine results, even with a couple 30" dumps of the white stuff. Basically same tractor as yours with a couple more ponies. My tires are loaded and always had the RB on, thought about getting chains but haven't need 'em so far. There will be some more learning, like how to deal with slippery side slopes and such, but tractor learning is fun (as long as you take your time).;)

Attachments

• IMGP0752.JPG
    IMGP0752.JPG
    840.7 KB · Views: 269
Paulbr, you're right these tractors are greaaat...more durn fun and a pleasure to operate. A little joyriding too...after the football games yesterday, and a few beers o'course, Donna rode sidesaddle while we toured the property on trails that i cleared with it. She has become quite the good CUT driver.

Williekioti, you have too durned much snow there :eek:

/ Shorter Filter for hydraulics? #10  
Thanks for the post, never would have even considered that when I got the backhoe. Wonder if it is the same issue with the 45se.