Clutchless DK40Hst?

/ Clutchless DK40Hst? #1  

VT365

Why no clutch on the DK40seHst? I would think a larger tractor could benefit having a clutch.(Traded up from a CK30Hst). I don't mind though, the range changes are much easier than the ck30hst. I do realize to make range changes and pto engagements at low rpm's. Also what is the orange painted rubber plug beneath the fuel bowl, next to the throttle linkage used for?

Last edited:
   / Clutchless DK40Hst?
No Takers??

/ Clutchless DK40Hst? #3  
No clutch?
With the tractor going electronic now there is no real reason to have one, I guess you can look at it like that one less expence down the road.

Orange plug?
That is another way of putting in your engine oil.

/ Clutchless DK40Hst? #4  
wallace said:
No clutch?
With the tractor going electronic now there is no real reason to have one, I guess you can look at it like that one less expence down the road.

Orange plug?
That is another way of putting in your engine oil.

Rick, do you mean no clutch or electrically activated clutch? There must be some mechanism to join the tractor power to the PTO.

In any case, I've gotten used to what I call the electric clutch on my DK40se. Just drop the RPMs down to 1000 or so before hitting the switch and it works fine. Same with the 4WD selector.

/ Clutchless DK40Hst? #5  
Does this mean you can brake with the left foot, as on Deeres?
That would be good.

Since Kioti uses the clutch pedal as a start-safety on other units,
the new DK40 must use some other interlock mechanism.

/ Clutchless DK40Hst? #6  
dfkrug said:
Since Kioti uses the clutch pedal as a start-safety on other units,
the new DK40 must use some other interlock mechanism.

Yes, there is another interlock. You have to move the transmission range select lever to a neutral position in order to start the tractor.

Brakes are on the left.

/ Clutchless DK40Hst? #7  
IslandTractor said:
Yes, there is another interlock. You have to move the transmission range select lever to a neutral position in order to start the tractor.

Brakes are on the left.

Sweet. If I were going to get another new machine, I would likely get
the DK40SE HST.

/ Clutchless DK40Hst? #8  
dfkrug said:
Sweet. If I were going to get another new machine, I would likely get
the DK40SE HST.

You must be a genius!:D

Joking aside, I do think a good argument can be made that it is the DK40se is the sweet spot in the new Kioti DK line up. The combo of KL401 loader and 41hp is great and both are significant increases over the CKs. I personally couldn't figure out how to use the 10% extra hp of the DK45se as I spin my wheels with the DK40 anyway. The $$ premium (about $2K as I recall) for the 45 is not such a great deal for what is essentially the identical tractor with a bored out version of the same engine. 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters. The tractors are otherwise essentially identical. Same hydraulic output, same lift capacities etc. The numbers given in the Kioti literature give the impression that the 45 has an inch or so more ground clearance but I doubt that is correct as the two tractors use the same tires. If I were to be doing mostly ground engaging tasks and had the tractor ballasted to the limit perhaps the 45 would come to its own but for general use the 40 is plenty of machine. It is also enough more power and has the great KL401 loader to justify moving up from the capable CK30 if the need arises. I think Rick Wallace commented recently that Kioti is coming out with a 50hp version of the DK. It will be interesting to see how they configure that version to make use of the extra HP or whether they are just playing a marketing game.