Rear Light Replacement

/ Rear Light Replacement #1  

buyerjohn

Silver Member
Tractor
DK45s with cab
My left rear light unit isn't working on the DK45s...so thinking it's probably just a bulb, I removed the light assembly (2 screws hold it to the fender)....it appears to me that bulbs can't be accessed and that the entire light assembly must be replaced.

Is that the case or am I missing something on how to take the rear of the light assembly apart?

thanks, John.

/ Rear Light Replacement #2  
45s tail lights.jpg they can be removed.

/ Rear Light Replacement
thanks Rick...but my left rear tail light doesn't look like that (2006 model) it appears totally sealed with no screws visible...it does have two little "L" shaped rubber tips, perhaps they are hiding screws but they are glued on....any other ideas?

/ Rear Light Replacement #4  
45scab light.jpgSorry John I looked up your profile and see you have a cab tractor.....This should help..:D

/ Rear Light Replacement #5  
I replaced the red bulbs in the back of my ck30 with LED substitutes from ebay, just because I noticed the stoplight housing got so hot after sitting with the brakes on working with the BH. Now it never gets hot. Search for LED 1156 or LED 1157, I forget which bulb type it was.

Mike

/ Rear Light Replacement #6  
Thanks for the idea Mike. Mine do the same thing. I never thought about using LEDs. 1157 would be the running and brighter brake light bulb. It has two elements inside the bulb.

/ Rear Light Replacement #7  
mrutkaus said:
I replaced the red bulbs in the back of my ck30 with LED substitutes from ebay, just because I noticed the stoplight housing got so hot after sitting with the brakes on working with the BH. Now it never gets hot. Search for LED 1156 or LED 1157, I forget which bulb type it was.

Mike

By any chance, did you replace your headlights too? Just curious to see if it made a difference there too. Although half the time those headlights are worthless, as the bucket almost always seems to be in the way.

/ Rear Light Replacement #8  
There are no LED headlight replacements available, the only lower heat ones would be HID which would be a bit much on a tractor! So no, just the red taillight bulb, just didn't like the idea of all that heat being wasted.

Mike

/ Rear Light Replacement
wallace said:
View attachment 90383Sorry John I looked up your profile and see you have a cab tractor.....This should help..:D

Thanks Rick - the problem was that while the diagram shows all the parts coming apart, they don't at least from what I can see...once I removed the 2 screws, the light cover slid off after a fair amount of wiggling.... but there's no way the bulb holders disconnect from where the wires connect at the back of the assembly.

thanks again, John.

/ Rear Light Replacement #10  
mrutkaus said:
There are no LED headlight replacements available, the only lower heat ones would be HID which would be a bit much on a tractor! So no, just the red taillight bulb, just didn't like the idea of all that heat being wasted.

Mike

Thanks for the info.