FEL repair kit

/ FEL repair kit #91  
Well I hadn't checked my cracks in a while, about 2 years. The first 2 pics are from April 2006 the 2nd pics are from April 13, 2008. The pics are basically the same shot just 2 years later. I called my dealer and he asked for me to email them to him because Kioti wanted to see them too. My "cosmetic" cracks have started to grow. I know I checked them last year but only by see if they had grown past the inspection plate, and they hadn't but that was probably spring 2007. I'm interested as to what Kioti will say, as they told my dealer that they were probably just cracks is the paint. I wonder if they would be willing to place a bet on it..... say like new loader arms. I'll keep everyone posted.

By the way it is cracked at all four locations, just didn't want to post all the pics... you seen one cracked loader you've seen them all at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_3417.JPG
    IMG_3417.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_3409.JPG
    IMG_3409.JPG
    825.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_5083.JPG
    IMG_5083.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_5081.JPG
    IMG_5081.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 297
   / FEL repair kit #92  
gravel13 said:
Well I hadn't checked my cracks in a while, about 2 years. The first 2 pics are from April 2006 the 2nd pics are from April 13, 2008. The pics are basically the same shot just 2 years later. I called my dealer and he asked for me to email them to him because Kioti wanted to see them too. My "cosmetic" cracks have started to grow. I know I checked them last year but only by see if they had grown past the inspection plate, and they hadn't but that was probably spring 2007. I'm interested as to what Kioti will say, as they told my dealer that they were probably just cracks is the paint. I wonder if they would be willing to place a bet on it..... say like new loader arms. I'll keep everyone posted.

By the way it is cracked at all four locations, just didn't want to post all the pics... you seen one cracked loader you've seen them all at this point.
Id sand off the paint and repaint to eliminate those paint cracks. Id be worried that they would progress into the steel.:rolleyes:
larry

/ FEL repair kit #93  
IXLR8 said:
My CK30 FEL has the 'kit' on it, looks just like the CK20 'kit' only beefier. If I can find some batteries for my camera... I will take some pics and post them. The $64,000 question is: will it fit your loader, seems the 'kit' fits about 95% of the loaders out there, but not all.

Where did you get this kit?

/ FEL repair kit #94  
rcrcomputing said:
Where did you get this kit?
I bought my CK30 used, my dealer put it on for the previous owner. I don't know if my loader is cracked or not. I am not pulling the 'kit' off to find out, too many bolts. Dealer told me he put them on all the KL130's that came through his shop, cracked or not. Dealer is Upper Valley Tractor in NH.

/ FEL repair kit #95  
RexB said:
That tube is handy for carrying rakes and shovels too :~)

Son of a gun, why didn't I think of that! Good idea :)

/ FEL repair kit #96  
and it'll carry one 'o those insulated tube-type coolers for beer and soda too -- just watch out when ya' open one.

and Cheers! to everyone getting their FEL repair kits without any hassles...it's only the right thing to do.

/ FEL repair kit #97  
I realize this subject has been discussed quit a bit but I just received my repair kit so I'm bring it back up.
My problems with kit:
1. It adds weight to an already limited lifting capability. It probably takes away 1/10 of the lifting capacity.
2. It's a big band aid and the real problem it still there.
3. If there is a problem with the hoses inside the loader arms you have to take the whole entire kit off in order to access them. With the original inspection plate this was easy now it's an all day job.
4. Ever since the grill guard was moved, my hood hits when opened. Kioti said mine must be bent so a new one was put on, still hit. They said drill 4 more holes on the bottom, even though you can only drill two more because the kit is in the way. With 2 extra holes there it now 1/16 inch clearance with a new guard in place. One bump it will be hitting the hood again.

There is an obvious problem with these loaders thats why they were redesigned, a simple band aid to cover up the problem will one way or the other haunt you in the future. I am an owner operator and take care of all of my equipment. Most of my equipment is used and yet reliable needs constant Maintenance and minor repair due to the neglect of previous owners. For this reason I bought a brand new tractor figuring all I would have to do is Maintain it not repair it. I don't think this fix is at all acceptable an am not satisfied with it, Kioti made the mistake and now the burden is on me. They should take responsibility for the mistake and provide new loader arms for damaged machines not just cover the problem up. I feel that all this kit is going to lead to is future problems and decreased resale value. If Kioti is not willing to do more for me I will be trading in my Kioti in the spring for a new blue tractor.

/ FEL repair kit #98  
My problems with kit:
1. It adds weight to an already limited lifting capability. It probably takes away 1/10 of the lifting capacity.
2. It's a big band aid and the real problem it still there.
3. If there is a problem with the hoses inside the loader arms you have to take the whole entire kit off in order to access them. With the original inspection plate this was easy now it's an all day job.

1) It certainly doesn't take away 10% of lift capacity. If the kit weighs 40 lbs it probably only takes away only 30-40lbs. Remember that lift capacity at pivot pins is 1070 on the KL120, more on the KL130. The kit weight is further back than the pivot pins so it would take less than whatever the kit weighs off your lift capacity at pivot pins.
2) Debatable whether it is a bandaid or a clunky but real fix. It will redistribute the torquing force away from the weak spot where cracking occurs so it is not really just a band aid.
3) I cannot imagine it takes a whole day to undo the bolts on the kit to get at the hoses in the torque tube. One hour would be more like it to disassemble, check the hose and reassemble.

/ FEL repair kit #99  
It seems as if you take it personal like you are the president of Kioti or something. I own over $200,000 of equipment from many different companies and I really don't care what name is on the equipment as long as it functions the way it should. Bottom line is this kit takes away from the original function and operation from the loader from the day I bought it. Further more I don't care if it ten minutes or all day, I already have enough equipment to maintain and don't need added steps and more junk to take off the tractor because they screwed up, this only waste more of my limited time. Lastly it took over a year an a half for them to develop a mickey mouse fix and now because of there improvements my brush guard hits the hood of my tractor when I open it. It took them a year and a half to screw up a screw up. I don't feel the need to defend the manufacture of any equipment I own, the only vested interest I have in any equipment company is the equipment it self. If that equipment fails or stops functioning the way it should and they offer a band aid at best I feel no need to stand by them because as far as I'm considered the already left me out to hang. I don't care what color tractor I own this kit is not acceptable, and if more people who just spent 16,000+ of there money held Kioti accountable, instead of forgiving them for there mistake we would have new loaders. I did not make the mistake but I certainly have to live and deal with it. I look at my equipment as an investment. I've purchased much of my equipment used and only increased it's value through restoration and maintenance. Try to explain to a potential buyer what the big thing is bolted on the front of the tractor and that the cracks are only cosmetic. I'll guarantee that the buyer will walk away and buy a tractor with nothing bolted to I or offer you way less than it's worth, at least that would be my reaction. I stand by my work 100% and when I do have a warranty issues I fix it back to, or better than new, no questions asked. Because of this I've been in business for 6 yrs with no advertising and no shortage of work. Obviously Kioti does not care about there consumer offering a cheap below grade fix at best, and if thats all there willing to do than the next tractor I by will definitely not be a Kioti.

/ FEL repair kit #100  
It seems as if you take it personal like you are the president of Kioti or something. .

Yeah, right. You clearly have not read my other posts about the cracked loader issue over the past two and a half years. Maybe I'll change my avitar to "KiotiFanBoy":D:D:D

I was simply correcting what seemed like grossly exaggerated claims in your first post. I fully appreciate that you may be unhappy with the kit but exaggerating things like losing 10% of lift capacity or having it take all day to remove the clamp kit doesn't help the discussion.

I think there is a fair debate regarding whether Kioti should have just replaced the FEL arms but to be fair to them, it is not always normal practice for a manufacturer to simply replace a part rather than fixing it. I had a Jeep where the transmission crapped out after about 3000miles and instead of a new transmission they rebuilt it. I don't know that a rebuilt is as good as a new one and perhaps that is not exactly analogous to the situation KL120/130 owners are in but I think you get the general point.

Yes, I guess the clamp on the loader might be used by a future buyer as a bargaining chip. However if there are no failures (there have been none, even without the kit) then that will be the counter point. I do appreciate the annoyance factor but welds and patches are not that uncommon on pieces of farm or construction equipment and I doubt Kioti's loader problem is the only example of this type of non replacement repair that you'll find amongst the various CUT manufacturers. I agree that replacing the defective part/design would have been nice but it probably just did not make sense given the amount of labor, shipping and part costs. Every manufacturer has to take those things into account. This is not a Pinto solution as there does not seem to be a safety issue (again, no failures).

Finally, welcome to TBN.