Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Re: FEL repair kit

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG
    Is there are improved KL130 loaders like the KL120b? I'm sure that it has been posted but I don't remember seeing it.
    My dealer has picked up Kioti and I would like to see both types of loaders if the 130 hasn't changed.
    Yes there is a KL130b just like the 120's. Same change was made to them. The 'B' models have the torque tube go all the way through the loader arms. The previous models the torque tube only went through the inside of the arm, didn't go through the outside of the arm. A search for posts by HODAK, I think that is his name, will show both arms. He changed out the old arms for new arms.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25hst

KL130 on a 2005 CKhst
    125 hrs.
    Cracks at bolt holes at 100 hrs.
    No fix yet, still waiting for Kioti to do the right thing.

I for one would really like to know the differance in cost, parts only, between "The Kit" and a set of replacement arms.
    I am willing to bet it isn't enough to lose business over.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogues
    KL130 on a 2005 CKhst
    125 hrs.
    Cracks at bolt holes at 100 hrs.
    No fix yet, still waiting for Kioti to do the right thing.

I for one would really like to know the differance in cost, parts only, between "The Kit" and a set of replacement arms.
    I am willing to bet it isn't enough to lose business over.
    Exactly BigDogues! Logic defies my way of thinking.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20

I changed the arms out but has anyone out there re worked the old style arms, I do not mean just welded the cracks but replaced the torque tube and added a steel plate to the outsude as the new factory ones, It would be a easy job with a ability to fabricate, I did consider doint it but could not trade the old arms back If I did this work, just curious

To the members who want this issue to die, we all agree its old news, heck, I have the new arms and still feel ripped off, it was not Kioti who made the deal, because of members informing myself of the isset the dealer was pressured into giving a option, he has little information on the problems and was under the impression there was only a couple with cracks, they are still selling the old style arms as new 2008 models

The best advertising the compertition have is this cracking issue, and I am sure they will get milage from it
    Kioti CK20, FEL, Backhoe, 60" Schulte Snowblower

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25 HST

Just got a reply from my 'new' dealer today on having my KL 130 fixed.

To quote from the e-mail.. "I got off the phone with Kioti and they do infact have a kit coming for the KL130 loader in mid May following a test fitment at the factory. However its on a fix as necessary only. These cracks are only cosmetic not structural."

Do you guys think the cracks in each corner of the access panel going to the bend make it necessary??

Can a dealer here confirm this KL-130 fix is in the pipeline?

THANKS!
    RobM

Kioti Only site:
    http://www.kioticlub.com

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    CK30HST

I asked my dealer about the "fix kit", but he says their si non as of this date. He is going to check again. But as far as he knows, the issue is still being worked on by Kioti with no "official" word on how it is going to be delt with. I too have cracks, but they have not gone beyond the underside of the cross support for the loader arms.

aloha
    joe

Veteran Member

I have the FEL repair kit on my CK30 KL130 loader. Based on what my dealer told me, it has been on the loader for at least 5 months. I bought the tractor used and I have only had it about 6 weeks. It is like the kit on the KL120 loader but heavier duty. My dealer told me he puts them on all the loaders that come through his shop, if they are cracked or not. He gave me the impression that he has done 15-20. He did say that the kit didn't fit correctly on one loader. When I was tractor shopping, I did have a local dealer, who is often in the top 5 in sales in the country, tell me that there is not an issue with the KL130 loaders so there is no need for a repair kit.
    It makes me wonder why the two dealers have such different opinions on the loader issue.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by HODAK
    Ahhh, a trip down memory lane.............. Glad to accomodate you with some pictures. These were taken as I was preparing to upgrade.
    HODAK, thanks for the pictorial review! I needed it because I stopped checking back on the related threads a yr ago when they came out with a 'fix'. I think I posted on one of the earlier threads briefly altho I dont own a Kioti. I feel there is some sensitivity regarding negative review of a design by non owners, so I tried to avoid belaboring. In truth tho, seeing this go on convinces me that faulty design that affects any tractor make owner affects all tractor make owners to some extent. It does this by dragging down the 'good enuf' bar and thereby lowering expectations. We as any owners, have a right to expect that the design of our Utility device provides for its use as such - and if not, that the maker will be proactive in correcting it. The design that Kioti has used in this case is not good. As mentioned in this thread, not extending thru the arms is a mistake. Not the major one evidenced in your photos however. The problem shown there is that of an open section that undergoes torsional cycling/twisting back and forth. Thats what a loader does to it constantly. From the picture its apparent that the maker saw a weakness and reinforced the perimeter of the opening, but unfortunately not with enuf finesse. To improve their chances they should have paid close attention to round and smooth edges in both dimensions and also to optimizing the reinforcement that is offered by the cover plate - by using more and smaller bolts to clamp the mated surface [bare metal not painted] with a high strength green Loctite in the joint. For those of you without cracks wanting to improve chances, radiusing those edges around the opening will give a little insurance. The Loctite is easy too, but there are too few clamp points to realize the actual significant advantage this tactic can give. ....Once cracks start they will progress. Before covering them up with the 'fix' it would be best to stabilize them by drilling a 1/4" holejust beyond the end of each [so you get the stressed pre cracked metal] and try to radius the top and bottom edges of the holes as well.

To really fix it elegantly a redesign with round tubing must be done. The hoses have to stay outside. I gather thats what theyre doing on the new model? Mission accomplished. Unfortunately not retroactively.
    larry

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti ck30

Holy crap! I was cleaning this thing up to sell it and guess what I found!

241 hours.
    Cracked
    Calling Jon Depratt in the morning! Already been talking to him about a dk40se hst.. But not if kioti doesn't fix this. I'm sure they will.. The cracks don't exactly improve my resell value!
    ---

NE Oklahoma, ck30 kioti BH w/thumb, Broken FEL, toothbar, box blade. JD 60" brush hog, home made forks

My Photo's

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Sorry to hear you've joined the crack club.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast