FEL repair kit

/ FEL repair kit #81  
rcrcomputing said:
Holy crap! I was cleaning this thing up to sell it and guess what I found!

241 hours.
Cracked
Calling Jon Depratt in the morning! Already been talking to him about a dk40se hst.. But not if kioti doesn't fix this. I'm sure they will.. The cracks don't exactly improve my resell value!

Jon should be able to get you the repair kit. I believe they have finally released the kit for the KL130 and if I recall it fits all but a small number of the loaders.

I moved on to the DK after my CK20 loader cracked. I don't fault the tractor or even the company that made the loaders which are otherwise excellent. It's just been very annoying to watch how Kioti handled the whole thing. Buy the DK and move on.;)

/ FEL repair kit #82  
It is not if, but when you will join the crack club. Since it is only a "cosmetic" issue the trade in value should remain unchanged. I would even say the fact that it hadn't cracked yet is of no value since they are all doomed to crackage.

You'll love that 40.

/ FEL repair kit #83  
Highbeam said:
It is not if, but when you will join the crack club. Since it is only a "cosmetic" issue the trade in value should remain unchanged. I would even say the fact that it hadn't cracked yet is of no value since they are all doomed to crackage.

You'll love that 40.

I put the whole thing on hold. It took the wind out of my sails when I found it may take a month or two to get the fix.
I removed my tractor from the ad.
I can see me trying to tell everyone "it's just cosmetic". Even though it is. And NOT pointing it out is not an option. :( We'll see what happens..

/ FEL repair kit #84  
rcrcomputing said:
I put the whole thing on hold. It took the wind out of my sails when I found it may take a month or two to get the fix...

Why is it going to take a month or two to get the kit? I thought the KL130 kits were now generally available.

I must say that I find it odd that someone with a busy dealership like Depratt hasn't had any cracked loaders yet. As I recall something like 20% of TBN members who checked either KL120 or KL130 loaders found cracks.

/ FEL repair kit #85  
Can someone that has the KL130 kit post some pictures of it?

/ FEL repair kit #86  
I don't believe the cracks are cosmetic. Mine twisted and became unlevel as soon as it cracked. Personally, given my experience, I wouldn't touch one that has already cracked. But, one with no cracks with the kit might be ok.

/ FEL repair kit #87  
Gittyup said:
I don't believe the cracks are cosmetic. Mine twisted and became unlevel as soon as it cracked. Personally, given my experience, I wouldn't touch one that has already cracked. But, one with no cracks with the kit might be ok.
No crack in a stressed area is ever cosmetic. They are a smoldering fuze. If you use it they will progress.
larry

/ FEL repair kit #88  
SPYDERLK said:
No crack in a stressed area is ever cosmetic. They are a smoldering fuze. If you use it they will progress.
larry

I first noted half inch+ cracks in my KL120 at about 75hrs. I continued to use it normally as advised by Kioti's famous "cosmetic crack" memo. Over the next 100 hrs the cracks did extend a bit, maybe a quarter inch.

I agree the cracks are not cosmetic but they don't seem to progress quickly even with pretty aggressive use of the loader.

/ FEL repair kit #89  
IslandTractor said:
Why is it going to take a month or two to get the kit? I thought the KL130 kits were now generally available.

I must say that I find it odd that someone with a busy dealership like Depratt hasn't had any cracked loaders yet. As I recall something like 20% of TBN members who checked either KL120 or KL130 loaders found cracks.

Jon wasn't sure the kit was available and said he hesitated to give me a time. That was a guess on his part. Maybe when he orders it, he and I will get a nice surprise on the ETA.

/ FEL repair kit #90  
My CK30 FEL has the 'kit' on it, looks just like the CK20 'kit' only beefier. If I can find some batteries for my camera... I will take some pics and post them. The $64,000 question is: will it fit your loader, seems the 'kit' fits about 95% of the loaders out there, but not all.