Issue with my 'new' tractor

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor #1  

IXLR8

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK-40SE
My "new to me" '06 CK30 is being delivered today! :D But I think there might be an issue with it. :( I had a second rear remoted added to it :) and when I did my prepurchase inspection the lever for the rear remote that the BackHoe plugs into would not move. It was stuck in the forward 'ON' position. Dealer told me that it would not move due to pressure being in the system and that when the pressure was relieved it would move fine. Being a newbie, I bought what he had to say, now that I have had a chance to read more and think about it... I have to throw the BS flag on pressure being the issue why the control lever would not move. He did say that the control for the BH remote had a detent that holds it in place during operation. Is it a simple detent that is easy to overide, or is it a latching setup where one might have to push down on the lever before moving it? I have tried to call the dealer and ask.. but he is at the Kioti dealers boondoggle meeting and all calls to the shop go to his cell phone. I suspect cell coverage in Cancun is not that good. The driver is suppose to be here this morning with the tractor, the dealer is located 200 miles away. If this is a minor issue, like the lever just needs to be pushed down before it can be moved.. no big deal. If it is more major than that.. then I don't have the facilities to work on it at the moment and I might just tell the driver to take the tractor back and have the dealer fix. Any thoughts or inputs would be appreciated. The big issue at the moment is I want to remove the BH and put on the rear blade to move snow... I can't remove the BH if I can't get the control for it to the neutral, bypass, position. :(

Thanks,

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor #2  
I don't recall ever having difficulty moving the rear remote controller on my CK20 regardless of whether the engine was on or off or the hydraulic system loaded or not. I suspect the system is pretty much the same on the CK30.

I'd try it out as soon as the driver arrives and if it doesn't easily shift to the neutral position once you move the FEL joystick around to unload the hydraulics then ask him to talk to a mechanic or take it back to the shop.

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor #3  
Might be the cold, I see you are in Maine. I installed one Kioti remote kit from Dr. Wallace for BH last year, worked fine more months. Then a month ago when it was pretty cold here, the lever was stuck, probably no pressure as hadn't been run for couple weeks. Started tractor, let it warm up and the lever worked fine and has since.

Mike

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor
Mike- The tractor was in a heated shop, had been overnight when we tried it, so I don't think cold was the issue.

Ed- I would think that as long as the BH was not doing anything, then there would be no back pressure as the fluid would just flow through the BH valving and back to the reservoir. This is my thinking of why I was throwing the BS flag on the dealer. What would pressure in the FEL system have to do with the BH? Again.. if the FEL is not doing anything, isn't the fluid just flowing back to the reservoir so there would be no back pressure. From what I gather, fluid just flows through all the valving all the time and is only put to work, creating pressure, when a valve is opened and the fluid is diverted to the cylinder.
I am trying to learn and understand how this all works, gears are simple to me, hydraulics make no sense to me... yet. :)

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor #5  
IXLR8 said:
My "new to me" '06 CK30 is being delivered today! :D But I think there might be an issue with it. :( I had a second rear remoted added to it :) and when I did my prepurchase inspection the lever for the rear remote that the BackHoe plugs into would not move. It was stuck in the forward 'ON' position. Dealer told me that it would not move due to pressure being in the system and that when the pressure was relieved it would move fine. Being a newbie, I bought what he had to say, now that I have had a chance to read more and think about it... I have to throw the BS flag on pressure being the issue why the control lever would not move. He did say that the control for the BH remote had a detent that holds it in place during operation. Is it a simple detent that is easy to overide, or is it a latching setup where one might have to push down on the lever before moving it? I have tried to call the dealer and ask.. but he is at the Kioti dealers boondoggle meeting and all calls to the shop go to his cell phone. I suspect cell coverage in Cancun is not that good. The driver is suppose to be here this morning with the tractor, the dealer is located 200 miles away. If this is a minor issue, like the lever just needs to be pushed down before it can be moved.. no big deal. If it is more major than that.. then I don't have the facilities to work on it at the moment and I might just tell the driver to take the tractor back and have the dealer fix. Any thoughts or inputs would be appreciated. The big issue at the moment is I want to remove the BH and put on the rear blade to move snow... I can't remove the BH if I can't get the control for it to the neutral, bypass, position. :(

Thanks,
It should come off detent preddy easy, if you have the lever pull the wrong way acording how hoses on bh hook up the bh will not work right. If that is hook right or lever in right position and still hard to return to center the problem will be with detent part of valve

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor #6  
It sounds like someone jazzed up smething when installing the 2nd remote.
If you want to take a look here is a break down that mau help you with the way the linkage is set up. convert[1].jpg

If you have any questions call my shop and talk with Mike he may be able to give you some pointers.
Rick

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor #7  
Rick's diagram reminds me that one time with my CK20 the rear remote control seemed to stick and on investigation the cotter pin that held it on to the shaft had come loose. I recall removing the seat to get at the missing pin and after the fix never had another problem. You might have the driver check that if the problem exists when the tractor arrives.

/ Issue with my 'new' tractor
Tractor has arrived... remote control works fine, not sure what dealer did, if anything, but everything works fine. :D Thank you all for your inputs.. even those on the boondoggle. :) Will check on the cotter pins to make sure they were not the issue. Only other issue.. dealer forgot to give me the keys to the tractor. :eek: The driver had his own set of keys... he has his own Kioti, so he gave me his keys and was going to have a word with the dealer. :) Pics to follow in another thread.