It's orange and starts with "K"

/ It's orange and starts with "K" #1  

rimshot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510 HST
Well, today I made my decision on whether I would buy a Kioti CK20 HST with FEL and Backhoe or the tried and tested and smaller BX24. I just typed an email to my Kioti dealer telling him to grab a crate with a CK20 S HST inside and get it pllumbed for a backhoe and FEL. Since I live 230 miles from the dealer his offer in writing to pickup & deliver for warranty work was of essence. I also had him add two 3/8 chain hooks and weld them with a gusset plate to front bucket which added $150 to the deal for the above package costing $17250 with free delivery and tires loaded. He charged $1500 to my credit card and balance is due on delivery.

I darn near bought the BX24. It would have been good enough but would probably have to drag some of my logs rather than carry them. I'm thinking either tractor would have held it's value for four or five years before I shall probably sell. But I hope I have it longer. Now, I caught enough heck for comparing two tractors for being in different classes on another thread. I settled on the two brand names and picked their smallest TLB's. I felt good about the two competing dealers out of probably ten I deallt with over the phone and internet mostly and got the best deal. The Kioti won out based on the fact that it was a bit more capable and the dealer incentives of free pick up for warranty and delivery. I think the Kioti stands a good chance (in the next few years) of holding it's resale as well as Kubota's venerable BX24.

Lot's more to chat about. Hope to read you observations on this thread.

Thanks for helping me spend my money.

rim

/ It's orange and starts with "K" #2  
Welcome to the Pack!

The wait for the tractor to arrive will be tough but worth it. You will love it!

/ It's orange and starts with "K" #3  
Excellent choice rimshot, thats quite a little beast you bought.. As far as resale, youll be surprised at what the next few years will hold. Now with Bobcat selling the (rebadged) Kiotis , a much greater audience will now be exposed to these tough tractors. Their value will continue to climb.. Welcome to the pack.. Matt

Last edited:
   / It's orange and starts with "K" #4  
You made the best choice, rim. Congrats and be safe.

/ It's orange and starts with "K" #5  
My intrest was in the durability issue. I liked the fact that these tractors were much sturdier in my opinion then the kubotas. If i have to wear gloves to work a piece of equipment 1 of 2 things has occored. my parents got involved and got somthng for me ;) or I just found out I need to see about returning a defective piece of equipment :D

/ It's orange and starts with "K" #6  
Congratulations Rimshot! I think the choice you made is very sound, and I'm sure you will have many happy, and productive hours on the beast. Make sure we get some pictures when it arrives, and keep us updated on what you are doing with it, and how it's working for you!

/ It's orange and starts with "K"
Thanks to all of you for checking in. Chuck, I will certainly post some pics of that thing all cleaned up and while it's new. Even though it wasn't a big deal to me, the dealer told me he would grab a new CK 20 ( 22h.p.) SHST that was still in the crate and had never been parked outside in the lot. They have to get the hydraulics for the FEL and backhoe plumbed in. Once this tractor gets to it's new home it gets a bay in my new garage. Well, maybe after a week that is because the first week it's going to stay in my attached garage with heat so I can sneak out and play with it after dinner. So, in the meantime my pickup gets displaced.........

To make it convenient for the dealer I have got to wait to receive it until Feb 9. That's the week end when the dealer comes up North to spend his time at his second home that is only 30 minutes from here. He will trailer up my TLB at that time. Beats driving down there with my pickup and driving back for a total of 460 miles for me. Incidentally, that little fat-so of a CK20 including the loaded rears is going to tip the scales at 4500 lbs with backhoe and FEL according to the dealer.

rim

/ It's orange and starts with "K" #9  
Cingrats ; but now you will never know how great the BX24 is.
== L B ==
rimshot said:
Thanks to all of you for checking in. Chuck, I will certainly post some pics of that thing all cleaned up and while it's new. Even though it wasn't a big deal to me, the dealer told me he would grab a new CK 20 ( 22h.p.) SHST that was still in the crate and had never been parked outside in the lot. They have to get the hydraulics for the FEL and backhoe plumbed in. Once this tractor gets to it's new home it gets a bay in my new garage. Well, maybe after a week that is because the first week it's going to stay in my attached garage with heat so I can sneak out and play with it after dinner. So, in the meantime my pickup gets displaced.........

To make it convenient for the dealer I have got to wait to receive it until Feb 9. That's the week end when the dealer comes up North to spend his time at his second home that is only 30 minutes from here. He will trailer up my TLB at that time. Beats driving down there with my pickup and driving back for a total of 460 miles for me. Incidentally, that little fat-so of a CK20 including the loaded rears is going to tip the scales at 4500 lbs with backhoe and FEL according to the dealer.

rim

/ It's orange and starts with "K" #10  
Welcome to the Kioti side:)