Buying a trailer

/ Buying a trailer #21  
DIRTCUTTER said:
I have looked at all the previous posting concerning trailers, still need advice.
Buying my first trailer for my CK30 with B.H. > I dont think I will be traveling more than 100 miles round trip. What size and weight would you suggest.

Thanks for posting the question, I was thinking of getting a trailer my self!

KC

/ Buying a trailer #22  
The CK20's are real nice looking machines. Super strong for their size. You'll have for a long time

/ Buying a trailer #23  
I bought a PJ trailer, 18' total, 2 foot dovetail, carhauler style, removable fenders, slide in ramps, bumper pull, 10k rated, 2 braked 5200# dexter axles, 2500 empty weight, 8000 lb cargo capacity, W/D hitch, etc. to tow my tractor. I have weighed it several times with just the tractor, loader, binding equipment, and BB or RC and get 6600 lbs on the trailer axles and about 600 lbs of tongue weight on the pickup. This is the 10% tongue weight that I shoot for to provide stable and straight towing.

Now a BH weighs more than a BB and I am not sure if the rated GVWR of a trailer includes the tongue weight but I'll tell you that you will be maxing out a 7000# car hauler trailer and the 7000# trailers are typically built much weaker than the 10k and up trailers. For instance my side rails are 6" channel steel and the wrapper tongue which leads all the way to the front of the front axle is also 6" schannel for a 12" section.

I use the stake pockets for chain down points. I want to say that I paid around 3000$ maybe a few hundred more after tax and license.

Attachments

• ass 010.jpg
    ass 010.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 136
  • ass 013.jpg
    ass 013.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 132
  • mower.JPG
    mower.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 128
  • towin.JPG
    towin.JPG