DK45SE speeds per gear and broadcast spreading . . .

/ DK45SE speeds per gear and broadcast spreading . . . #1  

mark.r

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
I am getting my stuff together so I can lime, fertilize, and seed my pastures next month. My broadcast spreader came today so I am trying determine lbs/acre using a 5-7 mph speed figure. Right now it looks like I am set to use somewhere between 25-35lbs/acre of seed for the 4.5 acres that I need to do. My question is based on the manual for the DK45SE, the mid-range gearing states 7.18mph. Is that wide open at full throttle? How do I aprox. 5mph?

/ DK45SE speeds per gear and broadcast spreading . . . #2  
It is hard to tell, when i did my rye grass, I was supposed to use 40 lbs an acre and ended up using twice as much because it didnt look like there was much seed down

/ DK45SE speeds per gear and broadcast spreading . . .
Evidence8489 said:
It is hard to tell, when i did my rye grass, I was supposed to use 40 lbs an acre and ended up using twice as much because it didnt look like there was much seed down

You know, I have been having visions of that very thing happening. The only positive thing is that I am "re-seeding" and not starting from scratch so hopefully I won't need to quite as much but I rather put down 5-8lbs extra than 5-8lbs short. I'll wait to see wait the lab comes back with this week.