Rattle noise on CK20HST

/ Rattle noise on CK20HST #1  

CT_Jeff

Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
I have about 180 hours on my CK20HST and this past weekend it started having a rattle noise while running. It does not matter if I am in neutral or in low or high, it does not matter if I am pushing the pedal forward or reverse. But if I push the clutch pedal the noise goes away.

I only have to push it till it begins to engage and the noise goes away. The noise is definately in the bottom of the tractor. Do you think it would be ok to adjust the clutch pedal to have less play in it? As I said as soon as you push the clutch pedal just to the point where it engages, the noise goes away.

The tractor runs fine, it still works great, just has this noise that I am worried about.

Any ideas or suggestions would sure be welcomed by me. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

CT_Jeff

/ Rattle noise on CK20HST #2  
If you had just bought the tractor I would say that the noise is normal. My HST tranny rattles all the time when the clutch is out. But this is a new noise to you and new noises are not cool. There should be an adjustment/freeplay spec in your manual and I would not tighten it down out of spec.

/ Rattle noise on CK20HST #3  
Perhaps it's the pto. Make sure it's in neutral. If it's like my CK25, sometimes the neutral sweet spot is hard to find. Mine will make that noise if the the PTO is not in neutral.

/ Rattle noise on CK20HST #4  
MyCK20 makes a metallic rattle if the rear PTO is engaged and I step down on the clutch. The book says to step down slowly and let the clutch pedal up smartly especially while it's new and getting broke in. Seems like that is backwards. Your situation is a bit different and I assume your HST still has a pressure plate with the clutch.
rimshot

/ Rattle noise on CK20HST #5  
I think I had this same exact thing happen to me. I am not sure if mine always made it from day one, but one day it just got to me and i said to my self that there is no way that is a normal noise. So I did a little investigation, and found if I pushed the clutch in ever so slightly (about quarter inch) it would go away, So I looked to adjust the pedal and found It was very easy to do and there is no noise now, very simple fix. If you find that you have to push your clutch in quite a ways than I would not monkey with it, have a dealer look at it.

/ Rattle noise on CK20HST #6  
Keep in mind that if you actually have the throwout bearing turning constantly. It WILL wear out prematurely.

I would still contact your local dealer to inquire about the noise.

Maybe they could swing by, next time they are in the area.

I would like a knowledgeable ear to listen to any weird noises before they became expensive.