Oil & Fuel CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler

/ CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler #1  

EldonRC

Has anyone had any experience with a leaking oil cooler found on the CK30 HST model?Any input would be appreciated. Thanks ERC

/ CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler #2  
I have no issues with the oil cooler on my CK30. I have read in other posts on this site that some of the earlier machines had issues. Apparently the early machines the oil lines were ridged plumbed to the cooler and caused some cracking. The later machines, mine included, have a short, 5inch, length of rubber hose to isolate the cooler from engine vibrations. The post I read, can't find it now, had pictures showing old rigid style and the new 'flex' style.

/ CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler #3  
Last edited:
   / CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler
Thanks IXLRS and twigpig.I appreciate the replies.The pictures in the second thread tell the story.I was a bit unnerved at the price of apx. $350 and they are certain to be higher here in Canada.This is on a 2004(the first year) for CK30
and at about 125 hours.More of a design flaw than inferior cooler. :)

/ CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler #5  
My rigid lines or cooler are working just fine so far but I am surely keeping an eye on them.

/ CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler #6  
The cooler on my CK30hst started leaking around 150 hours. It had the solid metal lines. Fortunately, it was still under warranty. Now I have a new cooler with the rubber connecting lines. No leaks after about another 50 hours.

To save money being that you are out of warranty, maybe take the cooler to a radiator shop. The one where I live can fix almost anything that resembles a radiator. That would only have you getting the new hoses. The ridgid mount and metal lines just shake the cooler apart. Just a though, good luck.

/ CK30 HST Leaking Oil Cooler #7  
I "updated" my rigid line CK30HST to the newer flex lines before any trouble happened. It was about $95 bucks for the pair if I remember correct. It was a fairly easy job too.