CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #1  

Littlejohn10

Tractor
KIOTI, CK20, HST
First time on the forum. The speed control pedal started feeling sticky and not returning to center. I took the linkage loose from the aft housing and the binding is due to the shaft supporting the pedal I have called the dealer and he asked me to bring it in. I think that is about fifty miles. Any words of wisdom out there? Thanks.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #2  
Littlejohn10 said:
First time on the forum. The speed control pedal started feeling sticky and not returning to center. I took the linkage loose from the aft housing and the binding is due to the shaft supporting the pedal I have called the dealer and he asked me to bring it in. I think that is about fifty miles. Any words of wisdom out there? Thanks.

Welcome to TBN!

On my CK30 the shaft going into the transmission had a small amount of in and out play. I used WD40 and PBBlaster and kept working the shaft in and out till it loosened up(over a couple days). Then I worked some 'neverseize' in with the same process. That was over a year ago and pedal is operating as it should.

Don

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #3  
I used my motorcycle chain lube on my 20.

Wd40 will loosen it up, but you need a lubricant to keep it free.

White Lithium in a spray would be good too.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #4  
TB and Bear have it right. Mine did the same thing when new. I examined all the linkages and found where they were binding, and then lubricated real good. Haven't had a problem since; just gets smoother with use. make sure to lube both the hand and foot throttle linkages. I like lithium because it is clean and "sticks" good. I'm too messy with chain grease. Though it is a better lubricant.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal.
Isn't this a great forum or what! Thanks for the timely response. I'll work on these tips Friday. This is the use season here in Weatern WA, not tied up in a shop season. Thanks again.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #6  
Having the same problem on my ck30, but the lube tricks have not worked, headed to the dealer in Baker FL. The dealer support for this tractor is outstanding.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #7  
there is an update to the pedal that puts a greas fitting on it. You have to let the factory to install

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal.
Took out the right floor panel for a close look. Seems to b a lot of rust around the shaft bearing. Removed the foot operated pedal,cleaned the rust off and tried wd-40, and a teflon basrd penatrating spray with no resultes. The bearing seems to be dry because it makes a noise when the shaft is turned. There was't enough end play even with the shaft keeper loosened to make any difference. Lookes like a trip to the dealer.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #9  
Anything new on this ? My '04 ck20 hst pedal is very stiff. I plan to take it apart and try the lube thing. I'm the second owner and it's out of warranty.

/ CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal. #10  
Had her apart this morning and found that spraying "Release all" on the pedal pivot at the trans case made a big difference. It's in the centre of the pic. Hope I don't have to do this too often.

Attachments

• hst pedal.jpg
    hst pedal.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 1,446