Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    KIOTI, CK20, HST

Default CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal.

First time on the forum. The speed control pedal started feeling sticky and not returning to center. I took the linkage loose from the aft housing and the binding is due to the shaft supporting the pedal I have called the dealer and he asked me to bring it in. I think that is about fifty miles. Any words of wisdom out there? Thanks.

Veteran Member
    In the palm of Michigan's Lower Peninsula
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, KL130 FEL, turf tires

Default Re: CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlejohn10
    First time on the forum. The speed control pedal started feeling sticky and not returning to center. I took the linkage loose from the aft housing and the binding is due to the shaft supporting the pedal I have called the dealer and he asked me to bring it in. I think that is about fifty miles. Any words of wisdom out there? Thanks.
    Welcome to TBN!

On my CK30 the shaft going into the transmission had a small amount of in and out play. I used WD40 and PBBlaster and kept working the shaft in and out till it loosened up(over a couple days). Then I worked some 'neverseize' in with the same process. That was over a year ago and pedal is operating as it should.

Don

Tractor
    Kioti CK20HST

I used my motorcycle chain lube on my 20.

Wd40 will loosen it up, but you need a lubricant to keep it free.

White Lithium in a spray would be good too.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

TB and Bear have it right. Mine did the same thing when new. I examined all the linkages and found where they were binding, and then lubricated real good. Haven't had a problem since; just gets smoother with use. make sure to lube both the hand and foot throttle linkages. I like lithium because it is clean and "sticks" good. I'm too messy with chain grease. Though it is a better lubricant.

Tractor
    KIOTI, CK20, HST

Isn't this a great forum or what! Thanks for the timely response. I'll work on these tips Friday. This is the use season here in Weatern WA, not tied up in a shop season. Thanks again.

Tractor
    DK 40SE

Having the same problem on my ck30, but the lube tricks have not worked, headed to the dealer in Baker FL. The dealer support for this tractor is outstanding.

Silver Member

there is an update to the pedal that puts a greas fitting on it. You have to let the factory to install

Tractor
    KIOTI, CK20, HST

Took out the right floor panel for a close look. Seems to b a lot of rust around the shaft bearing. Removed the foot operated pedal,cleaned the rust off and tried wd-40, and a teflon basrd penatrating spray with no resultes. The bearing seems to be dry because it makes a noise when the shaft is turned. There was't enough end play even with the shaft keeper loosened to make any difference. Lookes like a trip to the dealer.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20

Anything new on this ? My '04 ck20 hst pedal is very stiff. I plan to take it apart and try the lube thing. I'm the second owner and it's out of warranty.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20

Had her apart this morning and found that spraying "Release all" on the pedal pivot at the trans case made a big difference. It's in the centre of the pic. Hope I don't have to do this too often.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CK20 HST Sticky speed control pedal.-hst-pedal.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast