CK20 Wheel Spinning

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #1  

bearhawk

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
I was out today, plowing for the umpteen time this winter.

An old friend stopped as he was going by and commented that my wheel was spinning inside the stationary tire.

I don't know how long this has been going on, but I was able to recreate it easily.

Is this common?

Should I be concerned?

Thanks

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #2  
Are you saying that the rubber bead was slipping on the steel wheel?

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #3  
Do you have correct Air pressure !!
Don't sound like it :eek:

:)

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #5  
This falls under "Not Good". The rubber should not spin on the wheel. It should be very difficult to do that.

At a minimum you are loosing air pressure. The worst case would be to roll the bead off the wheel and have a flat tire. Should this happen on a hillside you could roll the tractor. :eek:

My first guess would be a bad tire. Replace it or there are glues to hold tires on wheels for off-road applications. The glue is bandaid for a real problem.

My tractor will dig holes in the ground with ag tires before the rubber spins on the wheels.

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #6  
I'm wondering if the tires got mounted with a non-drying lubricant if it's not air pressure?

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #7  
I have seen wheels spin on one occassion with the tire mounted and properly filled with air.
What had happened is the owner / opperator had a flat, removed the tire, fixed the flat, remounted the tire and used grease to make the tire set the bead for inflatation.
I had to remove the tire, clean the grease off the tire and wheel, remount, reinflate, and problem solved.

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning
It must be low air pressure.

Any ideas where to get a liquid capable gauge?

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #9  
bearhawk said:
It must be low air pressure.

Any ideas where to get a liquid capable gauge?

Put the valve stem at the top and you should be fine

/ CK20 Wheel Spinning #10  
Found some good info on this here:

http://www.titanstore.com/pdf/TireInfo.pdf

"Rim Slippage
In attempting to obtain maximum tractor drawbar pull, tube valves are occasionally torn off because of slippage of the tire bead on the rim. Tubeless tires, although immune to pulled valves due to slippage, may still suffer abrasion on the base of the bead after prolonged operation with the tire slipping on the rim. Tire slippage on the rim may be caused by:
1. Low inflation pressure for load.
2. Improper seating of tire bead on rim.
3. Use of thick soap solution or improper mounting lubricant in mounting the tire beads to the rim.
4. Inadequate tire size or strength rating for the high torque requirements.
5. Undersize rim consult Goodyear Service Department for specialized equipment needed to determine if rims are out of spec.
6. Poor rim knurling on bead seat.
When one of the first three conditions is responsible for the problem, tires should be demounted and tire
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FARM TIRESbeads and rims carefully cleaned. Tire should then be remounted and inflated to 35 psi to properly seat the tire beads on the rim. The precautions found in this handbook MUST be observed. If tube type tire, the tube should then be completely deflated and then reinflated to recommended operating pressure.
Where inadequate tire size or load capacity is the problem, a change to a higher load capacity and/or larger tire size will be required. Determine tire adequacy by checking the 鏑oad and Inflation tables.
If it is determined that the rim is undersize or has poor knurling, then it must be replaced."