rambling

/ rambling #1  

Evidence8489

I had a good experience at my dealer yesterday when i took my dk45 se hst in for service, that was until i paid for the hydraulic filters. the little one was 50 bucks..
I will find a cross for it before i replace it again.
While i was there, i found a dk35 and 45 out back, still in there crates and started comparing the two.
The dk 35 shares the same rear axle assembly with the ck 35, which is a lot smaller in mass then the axle on the 45.
Other then that they are pretty much the same.

/ rambling #2  
If you find a cross let me know......
That is a heck of a filter. Looks like machined aluminum.
When you take it off and examine it closely and feel the heft you'll understand more why it's so pricy.
We as dealers don't like it much either, they are pricy for us. :(

BTI

/ rambling #3  
One of the things I asked my dealer when comparing tractors prior to purchasing a DK45sehst was the expected repair costs, and a break down of prices. He mistakenly told me the filters were 12 dollars. When I went to buy my first filter I had little fit, and being the all around good guy he is, he sold it to me at a special price. Needless to say it is a rather large filter, and fortuantely they don't need replaced all that frequently (depending on use). For the commercial guys at least they get to pass the cost off.

/ rambling #4  
The hydro filter on my Mahindra is about $45, it crossed over to a Napa filter that was also about $45. At least its only every 300 hours.

/ rambling #5  
a while back someone on this thread had found some replacement filters. i'm not sure if he found all of them.... i'll try to find it and post the link...
jim

/ rambling #6  
****, when I took my DK45SE in for the 50hr service they didn't even have the filter in stock . . . well at least one of the ones they needed. So the service took days longer than I had anticipated. I believe it is the one we are talking about.