Low..low hrs on tractor ,what PM's is needed?

/ Low..low hrs on tractor ,what PM's is needed? #1  

Uaintright

Because I haven't put many hours on my tractor <50 in 2 years...I don't want to hear the why not's, not by choice, trust me. Do I still need to do the major PM because of time? Air filter hardly had dust on it. I didn't think I needed to replace Hyd fluid either. Tractor not even broke in yet.... Let me know what should be done please. DK45S

/ Low..low hrs on tractor ,what PM's is needed? #2  
You should at least do the engine oil and filter.
The hydraulic etc could wait until you get the rest of the 50 hrs in.
If you are close to 50 it won't hurt to do it a little early.

BTI

/ Low..low hrs on tractor ,what PM's is needed? #3  
In many climates, condensation will form in the castings that make up the sumps for the engine and hydraulics. You can probably put off the filter but the oils should be at least looked at closely for signs (discoloration) of moisture contamination. Also, combustion buyproducts can produce acids (or alkalies?) in the oil that can affect bearing surfaces... agian, the filters can probably wait till the appropriate number of hours, but oils should be changed annually... (my opinion, not from any manufacturers instructions of manuals).

/ Low..low hrs on tractor ,what PM's is needed? #4  
For cost of maintenance, versus cost of repairs, I'd change the oil and filters, condensation, as noted previously will occur with temp. changes.

$200 will seem like pocket change versus something that could've been prevented going wrong.

Joel

/ Low..low hrs on tractor ,what PM's is needed? #5  
You will find casting slag fuzz and chips on your HST drain plug magnet that will remove all doubt that you did a good thing by doing the break in drain and fill

/ Low..low hrs on tractor ,what PM's is needed? #6  
You should change the engine oil and filter *at least* every year. regardless of hours.

You don't want that old (in time) oil sitting in the crankcase.