CK20 wont shut off

/ CK20 wont shut off #1  

KenGod

Silver Member
Tractor
CK2610HST
MY 07' ck20 keeps having this problem. I turn the key to shut the tractor off and it keeps running. the only way to shut it off is to pull the fuel shut off.
My dealer has come out 3 times now to fix the problem. 3 times the problem has returned. I know my dealer has replaced two relays/solenoids. (not sure which) One of them is mounted under the steering wheel behind a cover and the other one is mounted on the passenger side(lol as if theres a passenger side) engine compartment. I think the on in the engine compartment is hooked in with that fuel shut off dome how. I guess this time they will have to take it to the shop and tear it apart looking for a short in a wire.

Has anyone else had this reoccurring problem?
Its getting old for me, just want it fixed.
Hoping to get some insight on this. I have little experience with tractors, this is my first and I have only owned it since last summer. I know lots of you guys here live and breath tractors;)

Thanks for any insight
Ken

/ CK20 wont shut off #2  
On one of the CK30s I bought, the current owner has left it out in the
rain a few times and failed to cap the starter switch. One day he had
the problem you describe. We traced it to a bad switch.

/ CK20 wont shut off #3  
Have them check all connections for water. I have seen some connectors leak, and could cause this type of problem with water in it.

/ CK20 wont shut off
dfkrug said:
On one of the CK30s I bought, the current owner has left it out in the
rain a few times and failed to cap the starter switch. One day he had
the problem you describe. We traced it to a bad switch.

That very well could be my problem,( a bad key switch )
I have Never removed the key from the switch since I bought it. Im so far back in the woods the only thing that would come near the Ck would be a bear or a deer. My thoughts were if either one of them know how to drive then they deserve to take it for a ride:p
I keep it covered with a tarp (most) of the time, but it definitely has been rained on quite a few times.

Thanks for the insight, I knew I would get some answerers in here :D

Ken

/ CK20 wont shut off
Well they have had it in the shop for 3 days so far and they haven't found the problem yet:(
Hope they find it soon, Its going to be a great sunny week for the ck to have some fun.
Ken

/ CK20 wont shut off #6  
I have exactly the same problem with mine. I'm interested to see what the problem turns out to be. Mine was intermittant when I took it in for the 50 hour service, but of course the mechanic couldn't replicate the problem. Now with 90 hours I always have to pull the fuel shutoff. I just haven't gotten around to taking it back to the dealer yet.

/ CK20 wont shut off #7  
Sounds like a bad fuel pump solenoid to me, with the hood opened (engine not running) turn the key on and off, you should hear the solenoid "click" each time. Sometimes just the heat of the engine will cause these to go bad or the "plunger" in the solenoid will break.

/ CK20 wont shut off
They swapped out my fuel solenoid 2x already, I wish it was that simple. Im thinking maybe a bad connector somwhere.

/ CK20 wont shut off
Got the ck back this morning, the driver said they found a shorted wire that was grounding to the frame. dont know where it was located yet, I have to call the dealer and talk to the service dept later to find out where it was.
Hopefully that will be the end of this ongoing problem

Ken

/ CK20 wont shut off #10  
It sounded like a short to me. I would find out which connector it was and keep a eye on it. If it is letting water in, it will happen again. You can put di-electric grease in the connector to keep the water out.