CK20S HST - Hi SUX!

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #1  

crabjoe

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20S HST
Today I went out to move a bit of dirt; then went well. Then when I went to bring the tractor up the hill in high, the thing wouldn't move. Fact is, it stalled.

I brought the tractor back to the house in Hi and decided to see if it would move in Hi on relative flat ground. I'm taking about 4 to 6 inches of drop for 20 feet. It was a NO go. The CK20s HST TLB is a DOG in Hi range. In low, I have no problems with it.

Now, can someone tell me if they run into the same issue with the CK20 HST TLB? It kind of sux to think that I can only use Hi driving around on level ground.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #2  
That slush-pump drive eats a lot of HP:(

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #3  
how many hours on machine?
They are a bit low on power in high, but usually once engine is broken it they work ok. Also be sure your fuel filter is clean, any restriction could make the problem a big problem.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #4  
crabjoe said:
Today I went out to move a bit of dirt; then went well. Then when I went to bring the tractor up the hill in high, the thing wouldn't move. Fact is, it stalled.

I brought the tractor back to the house in Hi and decided to see if it would move in Hi on relative flat ground. I'm taking about 4 to 6 inches of drop for 20 feet. It was a NO go. The CK20s HST TLB is a DOG in Hi range. In low, I have no problems with it.

Now, can someone tell me if they run into the same issue with the CK20 HST TLB? It kind of sux to think that I can only use Hi driving around on level ground.

=====================

Stalled! On a grade pitching 4-5" in 20'? No Way......are you sure the Parking brake wasn't set? It's easy to leave it on.

rim

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #5  
It definitely will put out more hp as it gets broken in. I can climb some pretty decent slopes in high gear, it all depends on rpms. I have 320 hrs so it's pretty broken in and whenever working/traveling in high gear, I run it at about 2800 rpms.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #6  
howdy crabjoe
after reading your post I thought I would go give my CK20hst a shot in high range up the drive way. I didnt have a bit of trouble and it would accelerate the more I pushed the pedal. I all I have on mine is the FEL rear grader blade and the tires are loaded. Attached is a pic of my driveway.

Attachments

• Jul18_02.jpg
    Jul18_02.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 245
   / CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #8  
Were you flooring the HST pedal? HST responds differently than a regular gas pedal. Flooring a HST pedal can mean less not more.

Don

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #9  
I had same problem with my new holland tc 21d in high. It won't pull a slight grade in high but will not think about stalling in low. My backyard is about 15 degrees and low gear it is for me.

Brad

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #10  
I am at 8800 feet, dont have that problem. I can pull my driveway in Hi and it is about 10%. Now moving snow or something its low 4wd all the time.