My DK45HST and me

/ My DK45HST and me #11  
Hayseed,

Are you going to dig that whole foundation with your FEL? If so, wow!

/ My DK45HST and me
IT

I don't know if I will do the whole thing myself, as time will become an issue. There is a guy about a mile down the road from me who has a skid steer and a trac hoe, he already said he'd come help. I am trying to do as much as I can.

Oleozz - I have um er ah 50 hrs on it. I do my service right on time like the book says because its good for the equipment and I love my warranty. I put 32 hrs on my tractor within the first month of owning it, then I banged my knee up, and unless I had to move the snow, I didn't use it. My knee is better (not fixed) so I will probably have about 32 hours on it this month.

The problem with maintenance are those magnets on the filter and plug. They made those magnets strong! Makes it hard to get the filter back on, and the HST plug is a PITA.

Attention Kioti (DAEDONG) - give a warning how hard it is to remove those factory installed filters. I lost at least one oil wrench, and your manual has the wrong pictures in it for my tractor. I love the tractor, but how the **** do you have 3 filters that use three different filter wrneches, and your drain plugs are all different sizes. Also, how do you expect the avg joe to get his HST fluid in the tractor with the fill plug in that configuration. I do like the heft and size of the HST/transmission filters.

/ My DK45HST and me #13  
JoelD said:
flat land would be awesome, same here, nothing flat, except my head.

I literally have more rocks than soil, trying to figure out a way to e-bay rocks.

the shipping is a killer, I guess I could ship in a million separate pieces.

Great project, like the pictures.

Joel
I would be RICH if I could sell some of these rocks. I have yet to find a soil layer, it goes Top Soil-Small Rocks-Gravel-Large Rocks-Clay-Rocks Bigger then most small cars. :eek:

/ My DK45HST and me
Yeah, You Got Rocks! Some people call them boulders when they get that size.

It is funny, down in the flat parts of PA, like from around harrisburg to philadelphia, people go to stores and buy rocks by the pallet load. I almost fell over when I saw what they were paying for them. $225-375.00.

I know there has got to be a way to get a triaxle to take a load of rocks down, and bring back a load of topsoil. In a perfect world, it would be a fair exchange.

/ My DK45HST and me #15  
PA hayseed said:
I know there has got to be a way to get a triaxle to take a load of rocks down, and bring back a load of topsoil. In a perfect world, it would be a fair exchange.

Put me down as a member on the northern side of that exchange. We always joke about "growing" rocks but it is in deed no joke. There are new rocks, sometimes big ones, that appear as winter crops every year. If I could figure out a way to sell them or exchange them for decent top soil I'd be in heaven.

I bent a tooth on my grapple this year when I went to lift out a new rock that appeared in an area I mow....After I grabbed it and dug around a bit I lifted it out and ended up with a 3x2x2 hunk of solid granite. My loader was happy to lift it but unfortunately it was held in place by just one of the top tines of the grapple so I now have a snaggle tooth. Just another honorable wound in the war on rocks.

/ My DK45HST and me
Snaggle tooth, Laughed when I read that.

I'll be one of those guys paying about45-75 dollars a sq ft for granite countertops my wife likes. Sometimes I wish we had granite in the backyard, but then again, sometimes I don't.

/ My DK45HST and me #17  
"The problem with maintenance are those magnets on the filter and plug. They made those magnets strong! Makes it hard to get the filter back on, and the HST plug is a PITA.

Attention Kioti (DAEDONG) - give a warning how hard it is to remove those factory installed filters. I lost at least one oil wrench, and your manual has the wrong pictures in it for my tractor. I love the tractor, but how the **** do you have 3 filters that use three different filter wrneches, and your drain plugs are all different sizes. Also, how do you expect the avg joe to get his HST fluid in the tractor with the fill plug in that configuration. I do like the heft and size of the HST/transmission filters.[/QUOTE]"

i hear ya,went went through 2 or 3 filter wrenches trying to get the transmission oil filter off, they must use air wrenches at the factory.

glad to see your having fun, i mean working productively :D on your 45.
happy trails.

/ My DK45HST and me
i hear ya,went went through 2 or 3 filter wrenches trying to get the transmission oil filter off, they must use air wrenches at the factory.

glad to see your having fun, i mean working productively :D on your 45.
happy trails.[/QUOTE]

I thought I (we) had it bad until the guy down the road told me tonight that he had three guys trying to help him get his hydraulic filter off his skid steer. He said they pounded screwdrivers through it, everyone grabbed one, and they had a chain wrench (for oil filters) on it too. He said that he now greases his hydraulic filters so that they come back off easier. I asked him about leaks and he just shrugged.

/ My DK45HST and me
Didn't get much more done tonight. tackling the roots sideways in low gear works more effectively that head on. That toothbar is snapping even the bigger ones.

Finally made it with the tractor to a guy's house down the road. He welded on two bucket hooks for me. When done I asked him how much, he responded don't worry about it. I told him he was nice enough to do it, and it used his welding rods and electric, he had to take something. He said 5.00 and I gave him 10 and thanked him.

It's nice to have good neighbors. Turns out he has an old JD tractor he takes to pulling contests. SO we B.S. for awhile...hmmm...probably why I didn't get too much done.

Some picks of dirt removal and roots, and a pick of the one bucket hook (looks like it is hard to see).

Attachments

• 0422081818.jpg
    0422081818.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 143
  • 0422081819.jpg
    0422081819.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 0422081955.jpg
    0422081955.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 138