My DK45HST and me

/ My DK45HST and me
Thanks Joel.

Tonight it started to rain, after I got home from work, but it was light and ended soon. For some perspective, to show how much has been removed, I took a front and side view photo of the sod/grass/dirt pile. I think my kioti is about 20' long. The pile is 5' high at the lowest point, and goes as high as 7'. I am almost completely done with all the topsoil removal, and had to use another one of my specialty tools to remove some of the roots. I put a pic of some rocks and roots, so that noone thinks that it is all topsoil and beautiful.

This is beginning to feel like work, not that I don't enjoy it, but coming home from work and spending 3hours on the tractor a night is getting a little old. I think I will switch gears and start working on my new garden - time to see if my box blade can replace the plow I never bought.

BTW - I puts the rops down to put the tractor back in the garage, it was up while digging and moving.

Attachments

• 0423081918.jpg
    0423081918.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 0423081919.jpg
    0423081919.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 109
  • 0423081734.jpg
    0423081734.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 149
  • 0423081801.jpg
    0423081801.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 0423081935.jpg
    0423081935.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 144
   / My DK45HST and me #22  
Now that's how to use a tractor:)
Great Pictures.
One question, what's that thing in the last picture? I didn't get one with my tractor. Was it an option? I remember seeing something like that when I was younger (a lot younger):D
Tom

/ My DK45HST and me #23  
Dodgeram said:
Now that's how to use a tractor:)
Great Pictures.
One question, what's that thing in the last picture? I didn't get one with my tractor. Was it an option? I remember seeing something like that when I was younger (a lot younger):D
Tom
I trust you don't need to get OFF the tractor to use whatever that thing is. Does it cause blisters? Can you still have a beverage item in one hand?:confused:

/ My DK45HST and me
Dodgeram and IT

Are you telling me it wasn't standard with your tractor? Hmmm. I tried to see if I could hold a tasty adult beverage and attempt to use the "attachment", but had no luck. Managed to spill the beverage and almost wack myself. Gues your never too old to do stupid things.

I forgot how much hard work it was to swing those things, I remembered it being easier when I was 17 and 18. I've had that one for about 6 years, doesn't seem to get used much anymore. I hope I don't have to get out my digging bar collection, I never remembered that being easy at all.

/ My DK45HST and me
I spent most of the day working at a guys house about 6-7 miles away from mine. I am doing exchange work, he and his neighbor are going to drop the tree by my house, in exchange I am filling in his ditch, doing some grading work, and moving a mulch and topsoil piles. After being there for about 5 hours, the sky gets dark and I hear boom. Then I see lightning. I quickly tell him and the neighbor I will see you later, and jump on the tractor to drive home.

Well, I didn't beat the rain. I was soaked from head to toe, but at least I got all the mud and dust off the tractor.

Pics on the highway (back woods country road) I didn't get any pics of the downpour, as I was having a hard time seeing and driving, felt it was unsafe to pull out the camera too.

**after reading the post, I should add I do not have a canopy (not that I think it would have made much difference) and the guy that I am doing the work for is both my best friend's brother and the guy who is putting the addition on my house. I know some people would question the value of the work being done with the value of a tree being dropped. Heck, I would.

Attachments

• 0426081601a.jpg
    0426081601a.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 0426081601.jpg
    0426081601.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 123
   / My DK45HST and me #26  
Good pics,I am currently putting my new Kioti DK40se threw some spring work also.coobie

/ My DK45HST and me #27  
PA hayseed said:
I know some people would question the value of the work being done with the value of a tree being dropped. Heck, I would.

Sounds like a good excuse for Seat Time to me..

/ My DK45HST and me
coobie said:
Good pics,I am currently putting my new Kioti DK40se threw some spring work also.coobie

Good, nothing like making a machine work!

Today I went back to the guys house, (this time with the box blade). Took some pics of a farm that is "allegedly" up for sale, but no advertisements. Man, I love their view, but their soil looks a little rough, and it is windy there too.

Well, I took some pics after alot of the work was done, but not nearly all. Anyway, the whole thing is like a big ravine with a ditch in the bottom. We filled in most of the ditch (which the prior owner has used as a landfill), and I was going to grade it off with the box blade. We get started, and he wanted to run it (the tractor) a little. I let him run it the day before and never thought twice, afterall, he ran skid steers and dozers. Anyway, he starts using the FEL and the boxblade...no problem for about five minutes Then BANG BANG BANG. I start running and yelling stop stop. He somehow managed to get the boxblade up on the left rear tire and tore out about for to five big chunks out of the lugs. Thank goodness he didn't tear up the tire any worse. I told him to get off, and ran it for a little while longer. No flats, no leakage from filled rears. The neighbor says "if the tire didn't go in the first 30-40 mintues it aint gonna". He runs equipment for a living, and managed to get two flats on his skidsteer in this ravine. Anyway, I cool off (I was fuming), and the guy says "look, I'm sorry, if the tire goes, send me the bill". I've known this guy awhile, and he is putting on the addition to my house, so I decide to let it go. I mean, what else are you gonna do?

Anyway, I didn't get anymore pics, when I left I was in a rush to get home.

One problem I had today was the Fel lever started spinning, so I thought I would just tighten up the jamb nut (i read to do that on TBN). Then I saw what a PITA it would be to fix it, put it in the garage, sighed, got my daughter and wife, and we went to get ice cream. Stuff happens, and if that is the worst of it, well, I guess I'm not that bad off.

Be safe everyone. (BTW thats the culprit on the tractor)

Attachments

• 0427081232.jpg
    0427081232.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 0427081233.jpg
    0427081233.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 0427081321.jpg
    0427081321.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 0427081321a.jpg
    0427081321a.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 0427081321b.jpg
    0427081321b.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 0427081322.jpg
    0427081322.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 170
   / My DK45HST and me #29  
One thing about equipment, when you work it stuff will happen, I've gotten to the point where I get about as much satisfaction out of fixing them as I do operating them.

another lesson learned, never let anyone else operate your equipment, my little brother is the only one I've ever let operate any of my equipment. He breaks it, I'll fix it, a big brother thing.

spent the weekend removing the utility body from my truck and welding up a flat bed body frame, lots of good physical labor.

Stay safe,
Joel

/ My DK45HST and me #30  
PA- Any clue how he managed to get the BB mixed up with the tires? Didn't do any damage to the 3pt did he? I am just starting to play with my rear blade in the dirt, trying to avoid as many OOP's as possible. :)