What I Like About My DK55c

/ What I Like About My DK55c #1  

rvaitor

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55C
Since there doesn't seem to be much chat about DK55s here so I thought would start a thread.

Likes - Smooth running, AC, Nice controls, very fuel efficient, stable, extremely easy to service(filters, drains, hood design), adjustable 3pt links, dual remotes.

Dislikes - running into things(trees mostly) with the Cab(lights, mirrors, antenna), transmission linkage, Headlight covers yellowing(on tractor), no locking gas cap, NO LOCKING GAS CAP!!!!, Radio doesn't have MP3 plug in, Rear night lights don't give the coverage that the rear reverse lights do - wish I could run both at the same time when going forward.

Overall, I really have enjoyed this tractor, service has been good - what little I've needed. I am interested in whether AG tires would be better. Also, what folks who are operating ground engaging implements are using and sizes. I have a grapple, 7ft mower. Stuff I have but haven't used - 7ft box blade, 9ft tandem disc, 7ft leveling disc, 8 ft cultivator.

I'm mostly mowing and clearing. the forward and reverse linkage(which got stuck twice before - an update was installed even though my tractor was out of warranty), is not self assuring.

Any other DK 55 owners want to chime in?

/ What I Like About My DK55c #2  
All reviews should have pictures. :)
Now that you mention it there doesn't seem to be a lot of disscussion on the DK 55. Hadn't really noticed it till now.

/ What I Like About My DK55c #3  
I'm not a 55 owner and I know of only one in this area. I don't think it sees much use, I talked to the owner once about the tractor and his one concern was that the hydraulic fluid got to hot. He had talked to the dealership and they told him it was normal.
I believe the 45 and 55 have the same engine except the 55 is supercharged. The tires on the 55 are larger and for the work that I do I prefer the ag tires, I have nothing against the R4's but I need a more agressive tread.

/ What I Like About My DK55c
DK35vince said:
All reviews should have pictures. :)
Here is my normal operating set-up. The mower balance heavy stuff on the front and allows me to mulch as I go.

On the Hydraulics I haven't noticed a problem and am a fairly heavy user with the grapple. I also had a cylinder on the disc attached to one of the remotes.

On the tires my brother-in-law has AGs on a Kubota and has rolled them off the rims a couple of times, a huge PITA. I liked AGs on my Mahindra because the larger size improved the ride.

Attachments

• Aug 07_033.jpg
    Aug 07_033.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 296
   / What I Like About My DK55c #5  
Oleozz said:
I'm not a 55 owner and I know of only one in this area. I don't think it sees much use, I talked to the owner once about the tractor and his one concern was that the hydraulic fluid got to hot. He had talked to the dealership and they told him it was normal.
I believe the 45 and 55 have the same engine except the 55 is supercharged. The tires on the 55 are larger and for the work that I do I prefer the ag tires, I have nothing against the R4's but I need a more agressive tread.
I agree on the ag tires.I wish I had ordered the ag tires for my kioti Dk 40se verses the R4 tires.I had ag tires on my massey 1240 4x4 and loved them.coobie

/ What I Like About My DK55c #6  
coobie said:
I agree on the ag tires.I wish I had ordered the ag tires for my kioti Dk 40se verses the R4 tires.I had ag tires on my massey 1240 4x4 and loved them.coobie

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy I got the ags. I really, really wanted the R4's but in the end my list of chores dictated the ags. Here's a pic from today's work. I think R4's would have been a problem but I guess I'll never know.

Oh yea, rvaitor, I love your tractor. If I could justify that machine I'd get one in a heartbeat. I noticed you have a Rhino loader, any reason you didn't go with the Kioti? Also, I notice your worklights are pointed up, you expecting air raid? :D

Attachments

• Tractor 005_800x600.jpg
    Tractor 005_800x600.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 251
PAB_OH said:
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy I got the ags. I really, really wanted the R4's but in the end my list of chores dictated the ags. Here's a pic from today's work. I think R4's would have been a problem but I guess I'll never know.

Oh yea, rvaitor, I love your tractor. If I could justify that machine I'd get one in a heartbeat. I noticed you have a Rhino loader, any reason you didn't go with the Kioti? Also, I notice your worklights are pointed up, you expecting air raid? :D

I bought it used and it had a Rhino loader on it. Seems to work okay. The lights and antennas are constantly being hit by limbs and what not. I can't just reach up and divert a limb so more times than not I have to drive through. I've lost a mirror, antenna, all the light shrouds. I think I'll eventually have to do something different on the lights to protect them. I try to be careful but it is near impossible.

/ What I Like About My DK55c #8  
The 55 being turbocharged right? Does it make noise as it spools up like a macho trucker noise? I'm jealous of you guys that get to use the larger machines.

Highbeam said:
The 55 being turbocharged right? Does it make noise as it spools up like a macho trucker noise? I'm jealous of you guys that get to use the larger machines.

Yes, it is a Turbo, but I haven't noticed the spooling up sound. I think one of the advantages is you get a little more power out of a lower displacement engine and still have a fairly low fuel consumption provided you are not running all out under load. It may also even out some of the lugging propensity. As for raw torque, you need the cubes. My previous tractor 59HP vs 55HP was naturally aspirated 3 liter vs the Kioti 2.1 Litre I think. The three litre was significantly stronger and seemed a little thirstier. Both do/did fine for my purposes but I like the lower fuel burn these days.

Did I mention I wish Kioti provided a LOCKING FUEL CAP, yep, I think I did several times - anyone listening?

Last edited:
   / What I Like About My DK55c #10  
I have the industrial tires on mine and they have been fine. I needed the tougher tire due to the large amount of rock in my area. I have had zero trouble from this machine except for the glass breakage ( my fault ). My buddies with john deeres are in awe of the fuel consumption compared to their tractors.
I am happy!
dr. rick