Sims Cab

/ Sims Cab #1  

CBB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5320N Vineyard, 1981 Deere 910, 1980 Kubota B22, 1983 Ford 1710
I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their Sims Cab?

My issue is that it rocks. I have tightened all the way but on our steep hills, it at first had a little rock but over time, it has become really bad. Now my knuckles get cracked on the steering wheel when I hit a bump while going down or up the field.

I really don't know what to do other than have a welder come up and put some brackets in.

I sent Sims video of the cab rocking and they said they were working on a fix but now they just ignore my emails. Before I call, I wondered if I am alone?

2006 Kioti CK20 HST

/ Sims Cab #2  
I have a customer complaining about the same problem and got the same answer from sims.
I would be very cautious on trying to stiffen up the cab you may end up with a windshied on you hood or lap.
That is the only proplem I have with Sims they want my money and offer little product support.
If I had time I would build cabs myself!

/ Sims Cab #3  
Yeah, same here. There is no support from the cab to the tractor except for at the floor. I took a piece of flexible metal straping and wrapped it around the top of the ROPS and then bolted it to one of the existing cab bolts.

It doesn't solve the problem but it did help it from rocking too much. :rolleyes:

/ Sims Cab
Dmace said:
Yeah, same here. There is no support from the cab to the tractor except for at the floor. I took a piece of flexible metal straping and wrapped it around the top of the ROPS and then bolted it to one of the existing cab bolts.

It doesn't solve the problem but it did help it from rocking too much. :rolleyes:

That is a good suggestion.

I was asked what I thought of my CK20 the other day but a potential customer. My reply was steer clear of the Sims Cab and that the CK20 is underpowered but powerfully built. Unlike me, the guy did not need the narrow tractor to fit down fruit rows so he is going with Kioti but the 30 or 35 with factory cab. I think a wise choice.

Again, good suggestion on the rube goldberg fix for the inferior product made by Sims Cab.

Appreciate it.

/ Sims Cab #5  
When you can dig out a rock that weighs close 1300 lbs pick it up and drive up a 25 to 30 degree slope and then lift the bucket up 6 feet to dump the rock over the fence I don't think the ck20 is under powered.

/ Sims Cab #6  
lunbrjck said:
When you can dig out a rock that weighs close 1300 lbs pick it up and drive up a 25 to 30 degree slope and then lift the bucket up 6 feet to dump the rock over the fence I don't think the ck20 is under powered.

AGREEDED! The things that i can do with this little guy are amazing.

Attachments

• kioti tractor 018.JPG
    kioti tractor 018.JPG
    392.3 KB · Views: 428
  • kioti tractor 016.JPG
    kioti tractor 016.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 686
   / Sims Cab #8  
jim_n_nh said:
And of course Kioti is helping you with this issue???? NOT!

Seriously Dude, its not even a Kioti product.

Please save us all the drama and just go buy a Kubota or whatever so it can break and you can blame Kubota on all the other forums wasting their space and cluttering up every thread. :rolleyes:

Yeah and my KB2365 backhoe works just fine...

/ Sims Cab #9  
CBB said:
That is a good suggestion.

I was asked what I thought of my CK20 the other day but a potential customer. My reply was steer clear of the Sims Cab and that the CK20 is underpowered but powerfully built. Unlike me, the guy did not need the narrow tractor to fit down fruit rows so he is going with Kioti but the 30 or 35 with factory cab. I think a wise choice.

Again, good suggestion on the rube goldberg fix for the inferior product made by Sims Cab.

Appreciate it.

Underpowered? Compared to what? It's only 20 HP. Perhaps you expect too much from a 20 HP tractor. Maybe it's word choice and is really just too small for your intended tasks?

/ Sims Cab #10  
Gittyup said:
Underpowered? Compared to what? It's only 20 HP. Perhaps you expect too much from a 20 HP tractor. Maybe it's word choice and is really just too small for your intended tasks?

I agree. It is the most powerful 20hp tractor out there right now. However, it could sure benefit from a three range HST.:) I'm that or a further boost in HP is in the cards now that Kubota has added 3 range HST to their small B lineup.