I think she is dead

/ I think she is dead #1  

Limecuda

Silver Member
I have a ck30hst. I last used it about 3 weeks ago and everything was fine. I decided today to go cut the grass. It had 1/2 a tank and I topped it off in anticipation of an afternoon of work. I hit the switch the glow plug lights and it turns over but will not crank. I have 67 hours on it and never had a problem. Any ideas?

/ I think she is dead #2  
Throttle lever all the way to low idle? Is it spewing any white smoke at all?

/ I think she is dead
I have played with the lever and there is no smoke or anything. It turns over like normal but no start.

/ I think she is dead #4  
Is the emergency fuel shut off knob pulled out?

/ I think she is dead
Probably sound stupid, but where is that?

/ I think she is dead #7  
The CK30 doesn't have a manaul fuel shut-off. It has a "power on" solenoid system that shuts off the fuel when the key is turned off.

The easy check to assure the solenoid is operating properly is to turn the key to the glow position. You should hear a pretty distinctive click come from the engine near the injector pump. If you don't hear the click, the fuel shutoff system has malfunctioned. There are several steps to go through to determine which part of the system malfunctioned.

First, check for the click. Then you move to the next step.

/ I think she is dead #8  
Some CKs have the fuel shutoff and some don't. Mine doesn't either. If it did it would be on the dash in front of your left knee. A red pull knob like an old style choke cable. Even if you don't have the knob you will have a black rubber plug where it could have been about 3/8" diameter.

No white smoke indicates no fuel to engine. That solenoid on the top front of the injection pump is a likely candidate. It should click when you turn the key to the "on" position. Then click to the off position when you shut the key off.

/ I think she is dead #9  
With 60 hrs on the machine, he never used the shut-off, assumed it was the newer "power-on" fuel system.

/ I think she is dead
I'm going to sound like the most uneducated guy here, but where exactly is the pump? I need to double check and make sure this solenoid is connected. I bought new for the warranty and to not have to deal with many issues. With the exception of keeping the levels topped and air cleaners clean I have not had to do anything to this machine. Is this a relatively easy fix? There is no way to load this thing on my trailer to haul to the shop with the loader and box blade down.