Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver Member

Default I think she is dead

I have a ck30hst. I last used it about 3 weeks ago and everything was fine. I decided today to go cut the grass. It had 1/2 a tank and I topped it off in anticipation of an afternoon of work. I hit the switch the glow plug lights and it turns over but will not crank. I have 67 hours on it and never had a problem. Any ideas?

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Default Re: I think she is dead

Throttle lever all the way to low idle? Is it spewing any white smoke at all?
    Kioti CK30HST, FEL w/toothbar, 60" RC, 60" BB, PJ 10k trailer. Weekend warrior hauling 50 miles each way.

Silver Member

I have played with the lever and there is no smoke or anything. It turns over like normal but no start.

Tractor
    kioti ck20 gear

Is the emergency fuel shut off knob pulled out?

Silver Member

Probably sound stupid, but where is that?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda
    Probably sound stupid, but where is that?
    Not stupid... I had same question, re:emergency fuel shutoff.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Silver Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Full line of KIOTI Tractors, BEFCO and Worksaver Implements

The CK30 doesn't have a manaul fuel shut-off. It has a "power on" solenoid system that shuts off the fuel when the key is turned off.

The easy check to assure the solenoid is operating properly is to turn the key to the glow position. You should hear a pretty distinctive click come from the engine near the injector pump. If you don't hear the click, the fuel shutoff system has malfunctioned. There are several steps to go through to determine which part of the system malfunctioned.

First, check for the click. Then you move to the next step.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Some CKs have the fuel shutoff and some don't. Mine doesn't either. If it did it would be on the dash in front of your left knee. A red pull knob like an old style choke cable. Even if you don't have the knob you will have a black rubber plug where it could have been about 3/8" diameter.

No white smoke indicates no fuel to engine. That solenoid on the top front of the injection pump is a likely candidate. It should click when you turn the key to the "on" position. Then click to the off position when you shut the key off.
    Kioti CK30HST, FEL w/toothbar, 60" RC, 60" BB, PJ 10k trailer. Weekend warrior hauling 50 miles each way.

Silver Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Full line of KIOTI Tractors, BEFCO and Worksaver Implements

With 60 hrs on the machine, he never used the shut-off, assumed it was the newer "power-on" fuel system.

Silver Member

I'm going to sound like the most uneducated guy here, but where exactly is the pump? I need to double check and make sure this solenoid is connected. I bought new for the warranty and to not have to deal with many issues. With the exception of keeping the levels topped and air cleaners clean I have not had to do anything to this machine. Is this a relatively easy fix? There is no way to load this thing on my trailer to haul to the shop with the loader and box blade down.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast