I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem?

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #1  

Fredartic

Hi, I still wait for my new Bobcat tractor, a ct122. That is supposed to be the same of the Kioti ck20s. I have seen here that there are problems with back hoe? Which model do I have to avoid? Which one is recommended? It's not indicated on my contract... I'm scared, do I have to?

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #2  
There are no problems with the backhoes, just the operators who don't know how to use and maintain them.

My KB2365 backhoe will out dig anything in it's class and most of the ones in the next larger class, it's incredible.

Although, I think you get a different backhoe with the Bobcat tractors. They don't use the Kioti made backhoes and loaders. They are Rhino's I beleive.

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #3  
Dmace said:
There are no problems with the backhoes, just the operators who don't know how to use and maintain them.

My KB2365 backhoe will out dig anything in it's class and most of the ones in the next larger class, it's incredible.

Although, I think you get a different backhoe with the Bobcat tractors. They don't use the Kioti made backhoes and loaders. They are Rhino's I beleive.

I agree that someone buying a new Bobcat with a Rhino BH or new CK20s with KB2465 has no reason to be concerned. However, I would not say that people who are having trouble with the KB2365 just "don't know how to use and maintain them". There is pretty clearly a problem with the spool valve on some of those backhoes. I did not have any trouble with mine but the dealer who took it in trade commented on the fact that lots of them do have problems.

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #4  
Thank you for the kind message. I believe if you review my comments I don't throw stones at all the backhoe's but instead just a specific period on a specific tractor when Kioti changed things. My machine has been worked on 3 times in under 150 hours of use. I used my backhoe for a total of 3 hours not including when, on start up I would raise the backhoe and outriggers. The 3 stumps I have dug up with the backhoe I can hold by my self, in other words they are not big.

Others here on the website claim my machine was abused, come look at it. No dings, dents or scratches but a bushing that was not greased properly. Nothing to do with the spooling valve that has been replaced twice before and had the Orings replaced once more.

One of my critics has a picture of his trailer hitch pulled away from the frame on his truck. Lack of grease or miss use? He could of killed somebody with his miss use but he rather flame me. This same critic of mine was the first to PM me to see if his backhoe was in the same lot. (It was not, it was of a different series).

My main complaint is the lack of acknowledgement from Kioti. I was given a Mr Carter at 1-877-go-kioti to handle any questions about the service of my backhoe and he will not return my phonecalls. I was not allowed to view let alone have the parts that where replaced on my backhoe that I paid for.

These are my gripes. Kioti is a good tractor and most of the backhoes are good as well. It is those backhoes like mine that SUCK.

If it gets close to a class action suit like the loaders Kioti responds, slowly but they respond.

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #5  
HI Jim, this is JoelD, the guy you referenced regarding my post of the hitch that ripped off of my GMC K2500 when towing wall block from HD to my home. I don't recall "flaming you", rather posting rationally.

Please cut and post PM correspondence where I asked you regarding model and serial number series and you clarifying that it did not apply to my machine. I'm very busy and can be forgetful, but I don't recall. I am happy if that is indeed the case though, would like your copy of PM to confirm.

Do you honestly think I would knowingly risk my life (father of a little one)?

Good luck Jim, you are obviously nearly on your own.

Joel

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #6  
I've never been a fan of Kioti customer service. I was one of the first to report the cracking of the KL120 loader and despite many many attempts to get Kioti to respond they really never did much of anything to acknowledge the problem or to reassure their customers until they finally came up with a repair kit about 18 months after the first reported defects. They did finally resolve the problem, for the most part, but the lack of forthright communication was reprehensible and stands as an example of what every expert in the field says not to do as a customer service strategy. They have repeatedly adopted the ostrich head in the sand approach for issues like this when a simple acknowledgement of the problem and issuing a fair adjustment/repair/service plan would have made everyone happy and built rather than detracted from their reputation.

I purchased a second Kioti despite piss poor customer service by the company because I liked the tractors and because I chose a dealer I could trust to advocate for me and to stand behind the product. Your second hand buying experience unfortunately puts you in a bad situation but as I recall at least one Kioti dealer in NH did try pretty hard to make things right. I doubt you'll get any response from Kioti at this point as upper management follows the ostrich strategy so the customer service folks just have their hands cuffed.

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #7  
Rhino makes a pretty medicor backhoe. They OEM for another company that I sell. There are much better products around, you'll find very few complaints with Woods, and their mounts are often better than what the OEMs' put together.

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #8  
Well said IT, i called Kioti in N.Carolina just to ask about what the most common fix is for the engine coolant guage. Instead of a tech, they would only forward me to a salesman's voicemail who never got back to me. Twice.

Members on this forum helped me troubleshoot the problem, and my dealer sent me the whole instrument cluster under warranty. Maybe that's how Kioti and some other corporations are set up to handle problems, I don't know, but it leaves a sour taste.

I've always gotten good informative responses immediately when calling John Deere. Others could use JD as a good example to follow.

Praise Neptune for TBN members and Good Dealers :)

/ I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #9  
Fredartic said:
Hi, I still wait for my new Bobcat tractor, a ct122. That is supposed to be the same of the Kioti ck20s. I have seen here that there are problems with back hoe? Which model do I have to avoid? Which one is recommended? It's not indicated on my contract... I'm scared, do I have to?
========================
I have a new CK20 (s) with a new Kioti KB2465 curved boom backhoe. I assume that you are considering that same model only under the Bobcat line. Put your mind at ease if that's your choice. That is a very good backhoe with power enough to rip large stumps out of the ground given the operator has the skill and the time to manuever.

I just completed a road through my property which included about 100 hours of backhoe time digging every stump that got in the way. There was no picking and choosing. So far, the backhoe has proven a winner and I have not met a st[ump yet that it couldn't manhandle although it's obvious that they exist.

rimshot

Attachments

• HPIM4875.JPG
    HPIM4875.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 188
   / I'm scared... my Bobcat is coming: is the back hoe a problem? #10  
IslandTractor said:
... There is pretty clearly a problem with the spool valve on some of those backhoes. I did not have any trouble with mine but the dealer who took it in trade commented on the fact that lots of them do have problems.

Hmm - could IT or other say more on this? I bought my CK20HST/KB2365 new just over three years ago. It started dripping, then pouring, UTF all over the place. Dealer at first refused to believe there was an issue, then told me to tighten everything, then finally took it away. I don't know what they did, since I didn't have a clear memory of the layout that soon after buying it. They said that they'd changed the rear plumbing, "giving you $500 worth of extras" - don't know what that means. They dropped a broad hint that the rear hydraulics had been set up wrong from the factory, and that a pressure pulse on starting had blown out the valve.

It still dripped, even after yet another trip back to the shop. (During that trip, they transported it on a too-short trailer with the boom held up with a piece of re-bar. The resulting damage, which I guess they thought I wouldn't notice, required another trip to the shop.)

I've tightened everything I can reach, and it's clear that a rebuild will be needed whenever I get the time. I explained all this to a woman at Kioti USA, stressing that the problem started right after purchase, had required repeated dealer trips and still wasn't fixed. I asked if I could at least get a rebuild parts kit. She expressed doubts, and never even called back.

I am appalled by Kioti's service and support, and would be happy to join any collective complaint. Great machine except for that drip and a new one in front; lousy factory support for loyal customers.

-Chelydra