Who has 72" bucket on their KL401?

/ Who has 72" bucket on their KL401? #1  

MotorSeven

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE Hydro
You guys beat me into submission with all these "trade ups" so i'm in:p . Now the reason i am doing this is that i do alot dirt/gravel moving & need a bigger bucket/capacity. So, i am looking at swaping out he standard 66"er for the deep 72"er. My question is will the loader lift that larger bucket full of gravel? How about break out? On the CK30 i do hit the relief valve if i don't "massage" the bucket into/out of a pile. I know i have the option with the larger bucket of not filling it up, but that would defeat the purpose.

DK40se Hydro
rear remotes
hyd top & tilt
Ag tires
6' HD brush hog(dealer talked me out of the 7')
7' HD box blade
bale spear
pallet forks
toothbar
sunshade(swap)
built-in refridgerator stocked with High Life:D

RD

/ Who has 72" bucket on their KL401? #2  
When I looked at my DK35 it had the 72" bucket on it so I'd believe that it can handle that size. I can't say for sure because that size looked like it would be a bit large for working in the woods so I had them change it for the 66"er.

/ Who has 72" bucket on their KL401?
Toad your right, i think i mean the 78 or 84". Either way the other bucket i was looking at was alot deeper that the standard 401 bucket.

RD

Well i was confused. My dealer had a Bush Hog loader on a DK45 with a 72" deep bucket(30" vs 16"), so we switched buckets to the DK40 & i drove across the street & picked up a bucket full of gravel. The 401 handled it with no problem, so it stayed on "my" tractor. This is what it looks like..........:

DK4ose008.jpg

And one of the homecomming.....
DK4ose001.jpg

/ Who has 72" bucket on their KL401? #6  
MotorSeven said:
DK40se Hydro
rear remotes
hyd top & tilt
Ag tires
6' HD brush hog(dealer talked me out of the 7')
7' HD box blade
bale spear
pallet forks
toothbar
sunshade(swap)
built-in refridgerator stocked with High Life:D

RD

Nice set up but you are going to need a PTO powered generator to run that 'fridge as I don't think the 12v outlet will provide enough power.

Is that a rear view mirror on your sunshade? Does it vibrate a lot or is it stable enough to be useful? I have the same set up but my dealer talked me out of mounting front work lights unless I also added front support bars to minimiize vibration. I'd be interested in your experience.

/ Who has 72" bucket on their KL401? #7  
I like that bucket much better then my standard bucket on my 401 loader. My last tractor bucket was much deeper and it made it really nice for moving snow in the winter. I am definetly going to have to look into a bigger bucket.

My neighbor is building a hot rod Dart & took off the cheap plastic mirrors. I took the morror off the mount then used a chunk of rubber about 3/4 inch thick. Mounting shaft thru the rubber & bolted to the sunshade. It sucked on the CK30 because of the "mid break" rops that rattled like heck. But the rops on the 40 is much more solid, so yes the mirror works well. I think my first mod will be adding down tubes in the front, making a full roll cage. It just makes me nervous knowing that the sunshade could fold "in" during a roll & smack me in the head. Having a sunshade makes folding the rops usless, so it is time to do a little welding & get some Chevy engine orange paint!

I have to say, my truck really noticed the difference between the 30 & the 40. The 1500 just can't cut it on these steep hills. Hmmm, diesel 1 ton.....

RD

/ Who has 72" bucket on their KL401? #9  
MotorSeven said:
I have to say, my truck really noticed the difference between the 30 & the 40. The 1500 just can't cut it on these steep hills. Hmmm, diesel 1 ton.....

RD
One toy leads to another. :D I have the CK30, my Tacoma is not going to pull it... so I am looking at the 3/4 ton diesel. :) I just wish the frame on my Tacoma was rotten.. I would get more for it.