Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

Default Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood...

I got to spend some time this week getting ready for winter I've been hauling downed trees the last couple of weeks and this past week got my hands on a splitter. I'm good for the winter now. All I have to do is stack it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -firewood_001_800x600-jpg   -firewood_006_800x600-jpg   -firewood_008_800x600-jpg  
    Kioti CK30 HST - KL130 FEL + Toothbar - 84" Rhino LR500 RB - Woods RD6000 - Ford PHD

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

Default Re: Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood...

Also, I've been working on digging out the back yard to level it. I'm planning to move all the dirt to the front yard once I build the retaining wall so that it will be level too. I haven't had too much time to work on this project since I've been working on the firewood bit should get some more free time at the end of the month.

Once all the dirt is moved we are going to build a waterfall with some of the rocks I've dug up.

I really need a backhoe....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -backyard_excavating_002_800x600-jpg   -backyard_excavating_003_800x600-jpg   -backyard_excavating_005_800x600-jpg  
    Kioti CK30 HST - KL130 FEL + Toothbar - 84" Rhino LR500 RB - Woods RD6000 - Ford PHD

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3000

That looks like pretty bony ground you are trying to move. I noticed the toothbar on the bucket full of wood. They sure do make a difference when it comes to digging into rocky ground.

The wood pile looks good too. I find piling it in a nice row takes more time than I think it should, but it dries and looks so much better once it is finished.

Randy

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Leveling your backyard sure looks like a serious project. Are you moving the dirt one bucket load at at time?

Eddie

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

Yes sir, one bucket at a time. My loader only came with one, do you have two?

I'm piling it all up in one location for now, until the front retaining wall gets built. Then I'll have to move it all to the front. We are still a couple of years away from building the top of our home. We purchased it as it is shown in the pictures. Just a walk-out basement that has been finished. It has three bedrooms, bath, kitchen, dining room, living room, computer room, and a mechanical room. All the rooms have been refinished by us except the master bedroom and mechanical room.

I'm in no real hurry to finish thew yard but I think I should have it done by this fall in time to put the grass seed down.

I don't really NEED the backhoe but for a couple of those rocks it would have been nice. The front end loader is very powerful and if I take my time the rocks are pretty easy to pop out of the ground. I've only encountered one that was too heavy for the loader to lift more than a couple of inches. So far, so good.

Tractor
    Cockshutt 570 (2x); Massey Harris 44; Ford NAA; 1872 Super Cub

I think some dynamite and one of these is more in order for that back yard:

Cockshutt 570 (x2), Massey Harris 44, Ford NAA, 1872 Super Cub, 8ft Transport Disc, 6ft finish mower; 6ft Ford Flail Mower, 6ft Rotary Cutter, Hydraulic Dump Wagon, Misc Other Junk.

'There's more than one way to be a man on a tractor with a dog in a field'