Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood...

/ Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood... #1  

PAB_OH

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I got to spend some time this week getting ready for winter :rolleyes: I've been hauling downed trees the last couple of weeks and this past week got my hands on a splitter. I'm good for the winter now. All I have to do is stack it.

Attachments

• Firewood_001_800x600.jpg
    Firewood_001_800x600.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Firewood_006_800x600.jpg
    Firewood_006_800x600.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 259
  • Firewood_008_800x600.jpg
    Firewood_008_800x600.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 258
   / Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood...
Also, I've been working on digging out the back yard to level it. I'm planning to move all the dirt to the front yard once I build the retaining wall so that it will be level too. I haven't had too much time to work on this project since I've been working on the firewood bit should get some more free time at the end of the month.

Once all the dirt is moved we are going to build a waterfall with some of the rocks I've dug up.

I really need a backhoe....

Attachments

• Backyard_Excavating_002_800x600.jpg
    Backyard_Excavating_002_800x600.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Backyard_Excavating_003_800x600.jpg
    Backyard_Excavating_003_800x600.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Backyard_Excavating_005_800x600.jpg
    Backyard_Excavating_005_800x600.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 201
   / Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood... #3  
That looks like pretty bony ground you are trying to move. I noticed the toothbar on the bucket full of wood. They sure do make a difference when it comes to digging into rocky ground.

The wood pile looks good too. I find piling it in a nice row takes more time than I think it should, but it dries and looks so much better once it is finished.

Randy

/ Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood... #4  
Leveling your backyard sure looks like a serious project. Are you moving the dirt one bucket load at at time?

Eddie

/ Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood...
Yes sir, one bucket at a time. My loader only came with one, do you have two? :D

I'm piling it all up in one location for now, until the front retaining wall gets built. Then I'll have to move it all to the front. We are still a couple of years away from building the top of our home. We purchased it as it is shown in the pictures. Just a walk-out basement that has been finished. It has three bedrooms, bath, kitchen, dining room, living room, computer room, and a mechanical room. All the rooms have been refinished by us except the master bedroom and mechanical room.

I'm in no real hurry to finish thew yard but I think I should have it done by this fall in time to put the grass seed down.

I don't really NEED the backhoe but for a couple of those rocks it would have been nice. The front end loader is very powerful and if I take my time the rocks are pretty easy to pop out of the ground. I've only encountered one that was too heavy for the loader to lift more than a couple of inches. So far, so good.

/ Diggin' dirt & Haulin' wood... #6  
I think some dynamite and one of these is more in order for that back yard: :D