The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded...

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded... #1  

warhammer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST
.... and of course parts flew into the tall weeds I was brush hogging at the time never to be found again.

I am curious as to how a warranty request is going to work. I don't have the broken part AND the dealer is 78 miles away.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Warhammer

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded... #2  
There is no reason they can't ship you a new one. You might even get the new & improved "boa II" series:D .

RD

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded... #4  
I had the same thing happen. Dealer swapped it out but the replacement is the same defective design. As I recall the plastic cover is held in place by just a couple of plastic spot welds which can easily break if you pull out the seat belt at an angle rather than directly forward. When the cover comes off the tensioned coil spring explodes as there is nothing else holding it in place. I "fixed" the replacement by wrapping the weak clamshell joint with electrical tape as a reinforcement and then kept the attachment bolt slightly loose so when I pull up on the seat belt the whole mechanism can swivel easily which allows the seatbelt to come out straight rather than at an angle.

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded... #5  
Had the same problem with my DK45SE HST.... It had the 'spot welded' plastic case. Dealer replaced it with (I assume) the newer design and it works much better. Just tell your dealer to not bother sending the old one. I'm pretty happy with the new design, however.

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded...
Still waiting on the dealer to process the warranty claim for the seatbelt. I have called on three occasions and been told its going to be ordered anyday now.....

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded... #7  
Hi,
Call the dealer, we have had a couple of these come apart. He should be able to ship out another without problem. If not let me know.
KiotiDave

Originally Posted by warhammer
Still waiting on the dealer to process the warranty claim for the seatbelt. I have called on three occasions and been told its going to be ordered anyday now.....
More than a month later and no positive action by your dealer! I'd take KiotiDave up on his offer to contact him.;)

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded... #8  
Have a CK20 and hated the seatbelt system. Mowing or working with the front of the tractor pointed down hill kept sliding foward in the seat. I bought a static seat belt and install it no more sliding out of the seat, it's orange too.

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded...
Well KiotiDave can you render any help here?

More than a month later and no positive action by your dealer! I'd take KiotiDave up on his offer to contact him.;)

/ The seat belt mechanism on my DK45SE exploded... #10  

Your dealer is screwing around. In my case the dealer shipped out the replacement within a few days. Kioti knows about this problem so there really should not be any big negotiation between the dealer and Kioti. It is also a trivial part. I suppose it is possible that Kioti has redesigned or more likely found a different source for seat belts and that supply chain might be in the process of being set up. Otherwise I suspect your dealer is to blame.