I have two different size front wheel/tires . . .

/ I have two different size front wheel/tires . . . #1  

mark.r

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
Yep, you read that right. I am rather irritated at myself for having gone so long without catching it. Actually I did think noticed something "strange" with the rim off set a little while back but I was on my way out of the house and I honestly never got back to looking at it. So with having done my 200hr. service (first one I've done myself) I paid paticular attention to it. During the toe in check I realized that something really was wrong. One tire ACTUALLY was smaller than the other. Upon further inspection I discovered that both the tire and rim were not actually smaller but larger. It seems that during either my 100hr. service OR when the dealer fixed a loose wheel, someone got one of my tires/wheel mixed up with one from either a DK45s or a DK55/65, I'm not sure which. The combo looks to be one size larger than the OEM DK45SE. Needless to say I'm not happy with myself for it going for so many hours right under my nose. What can I say, I like my seat time. But more importantly, not super impressed (AGAIN) with my dealer. I'll need to have this address ASAP. I am only wondering where my tire and wheel is now.:confused:

DSC03808_07-12-2008.JPG

Right side tire/wheel combo is the incorrect one

DSC03809_07-12-2008.JPG

DSC03810_07-12-2008.JPG

Difference in clearance from right to left sides . . .

DSC03811_07-12-2008.JPG

Correct size . . .

DSC03812_07-12-2008.JPG

Incorrect size . . .

DSC03813_07-12-2008.JPG

Incorrect rim size (16.5 x 9.75)

DSC03814_07-12-2008.JPG

Correct rim size (16.5 x 8.25)

DSC03815_07-12-2008.JPG

All my rims have this type valve with the exception of the rim in question . . .

/ I have two different size front wheel/tires . . . #2  
That is a pisser. It seems so obvious on the photo now that you have pointed it out but I can understand how you missed it. How often do any of us look specifically for oddball dealer prep mistakes? Your dealer clearly bears responsibility but I wonder what the chances are that there has been any damage. I'd imagine that it wouldn't make much difference except in 4wd and then only if you were on pavement but that is just a guess.

/ I have two different size front wheel/tires . . .
IslandTractor said:
That is a pisser. It seems so obvious on the photo now that you have pointed it out but I can understand how you missed it. How often do any of us look specifically for oddball dealer prep mistakes? Your dealer clearly bears responsibility but I wonder what the chances are that there has been any damage. I'd imagine that it wouldn't make much difference except in 4wd and then only if you were on pavement but that is just a guess.

I'm telling you, it's crazy. In hindsight, I have looked at the larger size tire and thought hmm "They really put some beefy rubber on this thing." Now it all makes sense. At any rate, I sent an email to the owner of the dealership last night. I WILL be talking to them tomorrowing morning.

/ I have two different size front wheel/tires . . . #4  
That's Crazy!:eek:

/ I have two different size front wheel/tires . . . #5  
Hi Guys
I am picking after only a couple of hundred hours, there should be no damage done internally. Obviously it will be better to get it rectified as soon as possible. I would avoid heavy 4wd work until it is sorted though.
Cheers

Trac-Tech said:
Hi Guys
I am picking after only a couple of hundred hours, there should be no damage done internally. Obviously it will be better to get it rectified as soon as possible. I would avoid heavy 4wd work until it is sorted though.
Cheers

Agreed, 99.9% of my 4wd use has been on grass/dirt/mud so there was always some "give". I did move lots of gravel that was dump on my driveway down into the horse stalls. This meant I was spent some time on the pavement but I typically going straight into the pile or I didn't have 4wd engage if it required a lot manuevering on the pavement becasue we all know you get the dread axle hop. Hopefully there is nothing permanently damamged.

I'm not sure if there is anything they need to check. I'm not sure I want them opening the front diff or mechanicals up to be honest. That may just be another problem waiting to happen. My 4wd seems to working fine at this point.

/ I have two different size front wheel/tires . . . #7  
Mark,

I think your dealer's garage may need some ventilation.....man, that's dizzy! I mean...they had to WORK it to fit the large tire onto that pumpkin drive!

MFWD with incorrectly-sized tires scares me - even on "terra infirma".
I agree, don't open up the front diff....just have the dealer note the error on a signed invoice (or such), just in case you have an issue later.....and hope he is still in business when you do.

So.....that means someone else is tooling around with a weenie tire on their big DK?? LOL!! C'mon TBN guests & members...fess up! Who is it??

Well, until you have the "swap meet", you could always configure your chores so that you continuously drive in a counter-clockwise circle....

Oh this just gets better and better. Just called the dealership . . . .

"The Tractor Shop is under Chapter 11 Bankruptcy . . . ."

I had to call their attorny who is on vacation until tomorrow. As things stand now, the best I can hope for is that my wheel/tire is laying around their shop somewhere and someone can meet me up there so I can exchange the incorrect out for mine. Me and dealerships, never really had the best of luck with them. :(

/ I have two different size front wheel/tires . . . #9  
mark.r said:
Oh this just gets better and better. Just called the dealership . . . .

"The Tractor Shop is under Chapter 11 Bankruptcy . . . ."

I had to call their attorny who is on vacation until tomorrow. As things stand now, the best I can hope for is that my wheel/tire is laying around their shop somewhere and someone can meet me up there so I can exchange the incorrect out for mine. Me and dealerships, never really had the best of luck with them. :(

Bummer. In my case my original dealer just stopped carrying Kioti (they are a outdoor power company mostly focused on chain saws, snow blowers etc). I had no problem with them but even before they stopped carrying Kioti I knew I wanted to change dealers. I went with Wallace due to Amy's technical knowledge and because Rick is kinda cute. No regrets despite the 250 mile drive. If they were any closer I'd be bankrupt too.

Hope you find either your wheel laying around the dealership or that you can somehow identify the other poor guy with mismatched wheels. While this is clearly the dealer's screwup, I wonder if Kioti would step up to the plate and get you the right wheel/tire through a more reputable dealership.

IslandTractor said:
Bummer. In my case my original dealer just stopped carrying Kioti (they are a outdoor power company mostly focused on chain saws, snow blowers etc). . . . .

Hmmm, sounds like my dealer. I am going by there in about 30 minutes to see if anyone is at the shop or if there doors are locked. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until their attorney calls me back tomorrow to see what my options are. I guess worst case scenario I have to buy a new wheel/tire out of pocket . . . which sucks. At any rate, I guess the Wallace's just got their newest official full time customer and my search for a new pickup and trailer just got moved up. Not that I mind doing my own service and such, but the idea of only having a "Farm Use" pickup troubles me as you see how my luck is. :(