Kiot Hauler Back in Action

/ Kiot Hauler Back in Action #1  

JoelD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004
I pulled the bumper hitch (actually trailer removed the bumper hitch) and installed a class V hitch rated at 15000 pounds. I welded the end tabs nearest the rear to the frame for good measure.

I'm going to dig a stump out for a buddy tomorrow so loaded up tonight.

This is not maiden voyage with new hitch, that was with about 7000 pounds of wall block.

My Kioti is a lighter than that.

My triaxle handles the Kioti with ease, the trailer can do 9 ton.

I run brakes on two of the trailer's axles.

Looking forward to seeing my buddy tomorrow am.

Joel

Attachments

• CIMG0015.JPG
    CIMG0015.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 158
  • CIMG0016.JPG
    CIMG0016.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 143
  • CIMG0019.JPG
    CIMG0019.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 167
   / Kiot Hauler Back in Action #2  
Looks like your truck has seen a bit of salt in its day.;) Hitch looks great though.

/ Kiot Hauler Back in Action
Hey there, funny you were just typing that response Island, I was replying (just clicked send) to a Deputy private message and wrote the same words. I bought her a couple of years ago, she had been a plow truck on the cape most of her life (came with an 8 foot fisher plow which I use for my driveway and will probably mount onto my Kioti after the truck is gone) and has seen tons of salt.

It's really too bad because she's a great running and driving truck but her days are numbered as the frame rails have taken a beating. I welded the flat bed directly to the frame rails which will provide a lot of strength, but I think this will be her last winter with me.

Again, it's really too bad as I'd drive her across country without hesitation.

sincerely,
Joel