2485 BH Missing grab bar?

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar? #1  

quadpa1911

Bronze Member
Where the Redwoods meet the Sea (CA,OR.boarder) in
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
I bought a 2007 DK45S earlier this year and ordered and had installed by the Dealer a new 2485 BH after using it a couple of times I thought what a pain it was to get on and off with it running as there was no grab bar and by instincts you want to grab a control lever. I was going to make something and I noticed tonight while I was surfing and cruising the Kioti and my Dealer's new site that there was a grab bar over the control lever is this something new or did it get missed on my unit? While I'm at work tomorrow the Dear Wife will be checking with the Dealer. I looking for feed back if I get the run-a-round on this.

Thanks, Brian

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar? #3  
quadpa1911 said:
I bought a 2007 DK45S earlier this year and ordered and had installed by the Dealer a new 2485 BH after using it a couple of times I thought what a pain it was to get on and off with it running as there was no grab bar and by instincts you want to grab a control lever. I was going to make something and I noticed tonight while I was surfing and cruising the Kioti and my Dealer's new site that there was a grab bar over the control lever is this something new or did it get missed on my unit? While I'm at work tomorrow the Dear Wife will be checking with the Dealer. I looking for feed back if I get the run-a-round on this.

Thanks, Brian
Why would /should yours b different?

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar? #4  
From the sound of it your missing what the manual calls the "guide bar". It's held on with four bolts. I don't know if it's shipped attached, but your dealer may have simply forgotten to install it. It makes a real handy grab point.

62431KB2485-10-med.JPG

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar? #5  
Pete Lawrence said:
From the sound of it your missing what the manual calls the "guide bar". It's held on with four bolts. I don't know if it's shipped attached, but your dealer may have simply forgotten to install it. It makes a real handy grab point.

62431KB2485-10-med.JPG
I'd say he didn't get everything he paid for.

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar?
Thanks for the Picture Pete thats exactly whats missing. The Dear Wife was able to describe to the parts and service tech what was missing and got it ordered and its on the way.
Thanks,

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar? #7  
quadpa1911 said:
Thanks for the Picture Pete thats exactly whats missing. The Dear Wife was able to describe to the parts and service tech what was missing and got it ordered and its on the way.
Thanks,
Any charge?

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar? #8  
Like KiotiDave said, that bar is standard equipment on the backhoe. I believe it's even considered one of the safety components. They better not charge you for it. Did they give your wife any reason why it's missing?

It does make one wonder, if the dealer left that off the backhoe what else might be missing? I'd take a good look at your KB2485 manual and compare the parts drawings to what's actually on the BH.

/ 2485 BH Missing grab bar?
No charge, no reason for why. I'll be coming up on the 50 hour service here soon and I'll do a complete nut and bolt by nut and bolt inspection. I did a nut and bolt inspection when I first got the unit home and found every thing to be good at that time. I'll also be reviewing the owners, shop and parts manual from cover to cover before I start.

Thanks, for the replies