Size of implements for a DK45SE

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #1  

warhammer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST
What size boxblade? Want to use for scraping some dirt off some high spots in a field and for work on a gravel driveway. The dirt is not very hard and has almost no rocks.

What size box frame disc? I want to use this to break up crop residue in a field.

Who makes a good toothbar for the DK45SE? Does it bolt on or does it require welding?

Thanks,

Warhammer

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #2  
A six foot box blade covers the tracks and works well. You might be able to get away with a seven footer but I'd suggest the six.

Markham makes a good toothbar and has good customer service. There are other good manufacturers too, I've never heard anyone complain that their toothbar was junk regardless of who made it.

I don't have a disk harrow but I am looking for one and am focusing on a seven footer for my DK40se. If a used six footer comes along first I'll get it. Same for a rake, six foot is OK, seven optimal.

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE
Thanks for the reply.
6 foot on the boxblade sounds good.

I am looking at the 6.5 foot King Kutter Disc with the box frame at $1079. There have been a few threads on them here and they have gotten pretty positive comments.

Warhammer

IslandTractor said:
A six foot box blade covers the tracks and works well. You might be able to get away with a seven footer but I'd suggest the six.

Markham makes a good toothbar and has good customer service. There are other good manufacturers too, I've never heard anyone complain that their toothbar was junk regardless of who made it.

I don't have a disk harrow but I am looking for one and am focusing on a seven footer for my DK40se. If a used six footer comes along first I'll get it. Same for a rake, six foot is OK, seven optimal.

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #4  
warhammer said:
What size boxblade? Want to use for scraping some dirt off some high spots in a field and for work on a gravel driveway. The dirt is not very hard and has almost no rocks.

What size box frame disc? I want to use this to break up crop residue in a field.

Who makes a good toothbar for the DK45SE? Does it bolt on or does it require welding?

Thanks,

Warhammer
I have a 6ft box blade I run behind my DK40se with no problems.coobie

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #5  
This is what I run on my Dk45s:

KL 451 loader 72"
9"+14" auger
6.5' chain harrow
4" Chipper
7' rear blade
7' Box Blade
5' Bush hog
72" snow blower*
6' landscape rake

I started using most of the gear last week. *Still waiting for snow to test the blower. Heard the crickets out end of July - not a good sign. Also, it has been cool in the mornings and evenings as well - can feel fall in the air. Just got back from camping/canoeing and saw first sign of trees turning colour.

Winter wood is put away - for the next couple of years. Will tighten the house a little more this year.

Lloyd

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #7  
warhammer said:
I am looking at the 6.5 foot King Kutter Disc with the box frame at $1079. There have been a few threads on them here and they have gotten pretty positive comments.

I think a 45 hp tractor would easily handle the 7.5 ft disc. I bought my 7.5' KK box frame disc from some folks with a 45 hp NH tractor and they said it worked well.

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #8  
I wouldn't even hesitate to put a 7' bb on the tractor. I wouldn't go with anything smaller than an 8' rake or back/rear blade.

I have just got done beating th snot out of my DK45se hst in the last two months. It is no where near as effective a piece of equipment as a skidsteer, but it played its role.

I'll post pics in the future. I put about 125 hours on it in the last two months.

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #9  
I wouldn't even hesitate to put a 7' bb on the tractor. I wouldn't go with anything smaller than an 8' rake or back/rear blade.

I have just got done beating th snot out of my DK45se hst in the last two months. It is no where near as effective a piece of equipment as a skidsteer, but it played its role.

I'll post pics in the future. I put about 125 hours on it in the last two months.

I would definetly do a 7ft. BB on a 45SE as it covers the wheel tracks and the tractor can handle it power wise. As for a rear blade I WOULD NOT go with an 8ft. blade. Now this is just me. I currently have a 7ft. rear blade and it obviously can move a lot of material. It can even stop the tractor and have all 4 wheels spinning. In my opinion an 8ft. blade puts you into the territory of not being able to use it everywhere. I use mine to backfill, buildup and clean stalls grade around buildings, in between fence posts and trees, etc. An 8ft. blade is just a tad too big.

On the other hand an 8ft. rake is perfect in my opinion as rakes a typically used at greater speeds than blade and BB so the size may not be and issue as much.

/ Size of implements for a DK45SE #10  
Mark -
You had all 4 wheels spinning on a 7 foot rear blade? What about the BB? I am quite surprised by this. I have read your posts and have seen the work you do with your tractor. I believe that we have the same set up.

I have only been bogged down twice - three times with this tractor. 1) 5 ton stump - way too big for this tractor, and almost too big for this tractor and a skid steer.
2) When I had my home picked up and moved back further on the property we could not salvage the old porch (cement). The slab was about 17' long, about 8' wide, and had a three foot monolithic pour for the footer. Once again, way too big a job for this tractor. Had to get a big case backhoe to move it and snap it in half. Half of it was too much for this tractor. I had a guy take his skidsteer and flip it, which broke it.
3) Logging a maple tree

My BB has never caused my tractor to bog down.

The times you bogged down with the rear blade, were you pulling or pushing? I know you had it in 4 wheel, but did you have the differential lock on? Once I engage that thing my spinning normally stops. Also, are your rear tires loaded?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just got power back on at my house this week (after 9 weeks) and can do more research on my tractor. I had some real issues with it in the last two months. Performance issues I never expected, like lack of traction in mud and clay - like being on ice.