CK 25 wont start

/ CK 25 wont start #1  

drjay9051

Gold Member
Morriston, Fl. 40 miles west of Ocala. More cows
Tractor
Kioti DK 40 HST
Need some help:
About 2 months ago tractor wouldnt start. Idiot lights came on but when I turned key they all went out. If I jiggled the + terminal I could get it going. I replaced the positive clamp and good to go.

This morning same thing lights go out when I turned key. The positive is tight. The negative is loose so I tried to jump start with jumper from charger on the negative cable etc. No go. Also there is a black box (solenoid??) bolted to the firewall. When I connect jumper or reattach cable to battery it is buzzing , not a click but a buzz or vibration.

Could this be the problem? I opened it up and the connections seem clean. I cannot tighten down negative cable need new clamp but shouldnt connecting battery charger directly to the cable bypass this problem. Im under warrenty but this involves renting a trailer and driving 50 miles to the dealer or a dealer "house call" too expensive.

Any help is appreciated. BTW: there appears to be two identical black boxes one on the left and one on the right just forward of the steering wheel. It is the one in front of steering wheel which "buzzes"

Any help is appreciated

Jay

/ CK 25 wont start #2  
Did you make sure the pto switch is not in the on position?

/ CK 25 wont start #4  
I experienced the same exact thing.

I'll bet if you hook up a jump pack she'll start right up.

The positive and negative cables need to be hooked up tightly and cleanly to the battery. If not perfectly clean and tight, you'll experience what you are experiencing. Also, make sure the ground cable is tight and clean to the frame of the tractor.

Search around and you'll see my post on the subject.

I've never had a machine so particular with regards to how much amperage she needs to think about starting.

Do not go through your electrics, I'm fairly certain you've go no electrical gremlins. I tore the dash appart and all searching for a non-existant problem.

Good luck,
Joel

/ CK 25 wont start #5  
You probably did it already, but it is important for BOTH ends of the cables to have good connections. I snookered myself once by focusing on the battery end only - it was making me crazy until the duhhh moment came.

/ CK 25 wont start #6  
The buzzing is the starter relay attempting to do it's thing. You probably have a bad ground connection.

/ CK 25 wont start
Problem solved. Seems like the terrminals must be pristine. They were a bit dirty so after buffing to a high gloss kicked right over. Not sure why more sensitive than a car maybe pulls a ton of amps to start? Anyway, got the fields done !!