Kioti getting HST

/ Kioti getting HST #1  

RanchMan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4110
Without going in to detail, there has been a lot of speculation on another thread as to why Kioti hasn't put out HST and if they ever will. I (as others) have been speculating as to the reasons why Kioti had apparently taken this "no HST" tack.

Well, I finally decided to go ahead and just ask the question of Kioti. (for the life of me - I don't know why I didn't do this sooner /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif) -- BTW, they took less than an hour to respond by e-mail!

Anyway, here's the question I sent to Kioti and their response. Looks like by Fall Kioti will be competitive in the HST market with the "big boys" - at least in small tractors.../w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

<font color=red>My message</font color=red>
<font color=blue>
Hello -

I have been comparing compact tractors and had several questions I wanted to ask about Kiotis.

1) Do you have any plans to introduce HST to any of the models in your tractor line?
2) If "yes" to #1, which models and when do you plan on introducing it?
3) if "no" to #1, what is your reasoning for not doing this?

Thanks for the information.
</font color=blue>

<font color=red>Kioti's response</font color=red>
<font color=blue>
Dear xxxxxx:

Thank you for your interest in Kioti Tractors. We are planning to introduce the DK20, DK25 and DK30 (number reflects HP) in October with HST.

Thanks,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kioti Tractor

/ Kioti getting HST #2  
Thanks! I suppose that it is better to just ask the source. Great idea!

Of course if you keep clouding the issue with all of these FACTS what will we all have to say? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I look forward to seeing their HST offerings.

-larry

/ Kioti getting HST #3  
Well, this is certainly great news for Kioti. Now, if only they continue to price the Kioti's competitive with Kubota, continue to improve their dealer base, and launch a line of decent MMM's, they should begin to capture some market share. Too bad they are waiting until October to launch. Doesn't seem like the best time of year to launch a new tractor.

/ Kioti getting HST #4  
After much looking I think I found a picture of one of the new models, most likely the 20hp one on the Kioti.com site.

They have definately upgraded the appearence from previous models, and that should help them sell.

If they can keep the price within $1000-1500 of the current prices, they could do well.

Kioti.com lists this package:
LB1914, 4wd
60" rear finish mower
16' dual axle trailer
48" rotary tiller

for $10,695

so, potentially the new DK20 would cost about $12000 (me being hopeful here!)

Jon

/ Kioti getting HST #5  
ranchman, I was talking to my kioti dealer yesterday and during the conversation he mentioned that there is a dealer meeting scheduled with the powers that be at kioti. The meeting is to discuss what changes need to be made and or what options the public is looking for. first on the list of course is the hydro option. He says that kioti is going to focus on the 20-30hp size unit with the creature comforts and options people are looking for.

/ Kioti getting HST
Just a ** Quick ** update...

Neglected to mention that I not only sent this message to Kioti USA, but to Daedong in Korea too. I got a reply from their "International Business Division" a little later. Here is the critical excerpt...

<font color=blue>For HST on Kioti tractor It would be applied to new models under 30 horse power in the early of 2003.</font color=blue>

So, based on this, the exact time frame (Fall/Winter 2002 or Winter/Spring 2003) is TBD. Regardless of the exact "release date", it appears that Kioti is definitely on the HST track.

/ Kioti getting HST #7  
RanchMan, You're giving away our secret weapon!!
We were kind of hoping to sneek it in on the competition. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
BTI

/ Kioti getting HST
Eeeep!! Sorry!!! (maybe that header on the replies they sent back that said "TOP SECRET - EYES ONLY - DO NOT RELEASE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH" meant I shouldn't post the info in a public place.....) /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Kioti getting HST #9  
We'll let it slide THIS time!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
BTI

/ Kioti getting HST #10  
where is that picture? I'd like to see the new look