wheel adapters & stud removal

/ wheel adapters & stud removal #1  

George in Spokane

Silver Member
I'm trying to get some 2" spacers made for my rear wheels. It sounds like wheeladapter.com and bro-tek.com are the only games in town.

The problem is that Kioti chose to use 16mm fine threads. Why of all the threads in the world they chose that one is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, on my CK35 the hub has four female holes and two male studs. Wheeladaptor can't find 16mm studs so he wants me to remove my studs and use them. He would then use standard 5/8" studs for the outer set.

Has anyone removed their studs from their hubs? Is it difficult or require a special tool?

Thanks,

George

/ wheel adapters & stud removal #2  
I've never removed studs off a tractor but I've replaced them on many other pieces of equipment. What I've always done was to hammer them out with a big hammer. Take one of the studs with you when you get the replacements.

/ wheel adapters & stud removal #4  
Get a stud remover, you can have all the studs out in less than 5 minutes. Craftsman and SK make reasonable priced pullers.

/ wheel adapters & stud removal #5  
I've never removed studs off a tractor but I've replaced them on many other pieces of equipment. What I've always done was to hammer them out with a big hammer. Take one of the studs with you when you get the replacements.

STOP!!!STOP!!!! DO NOT BEAT THEM OUT!!!!:eek:
I am quite sure they are threaded.
Double nut the stud and use a wrench and spin the inside nut.

If you haven't got your spacer kit yet, pm me and I can give you some info.