ROP HEIGHT

/ ROP HEIGHT #1  

DIRTCUTTER

Silver Member
Tractor
CK30 HST
CK30 How much clearance with a canopy attached to the ROP do I need so I can drive under . I want to build a cover before before winter, I just ordered the canopy it should be here next week.

/ ROP HEIGHT #2  
Height to top of the ROPS is about 97" plus canopy (Kioti brand) about another 4" - 4 1/2". I chopped (UH OH here come the ROPS police) about 8 1/2" off my ROPS to lower it so I didn't have to build a new building. I can still stand up under the ROPS even after the chopping. Cameras broke so I can't post any pics.

Steve

/ ROP HEIGHT #3  
I have a CK25 (same frame) and a Kioti factory canopy. I couldn't get it under my 8 foot garage door but instead of chopping the ROPS, I modified the canopy go gain about 4" or so which was enough (by about 1/4 inch) to clear under the door after I adjusted the door upper stop to go up a little highter.

/ ROP HEIGHT #5  
.....about 8 1/2" off my ROPS to lower it....

That is about what I took off mine. It is still well above my head. There
are other posts about the very-tall ROPS on the CKs.

This photo is of another CK30 ROPS, this time shortened to look stock.
Because the sides are slanted, rather than vertical, 3 cuts are necessary
with a splice at the top middle. On my CK30, I decided to go with vertical
sides and a squared off top. This will allow future mounting of lights on the
inside corners.

BTW, my splices are first sleeved then welded for strength. It is quite a
bit safer to have a shorter ROPS, rather than one that is left folded to
clear obstacles.

Attachments

• ROPS_shortened.jpg
    ROPS_shortened.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 291
   / ROP HEIGHT #6  
>It is quite a bit safer to have a shorter ROPS, rather than one that is left folded to
>clear obstacles.

Good point.

/ ROP HEIGHT #7  
what kind of modifications have you done to it ?

I removed the factory bracket for the canopy and remounted it on the bottom side of the ROPS. I then used a hand saber saw to cut a rectangular slot where the top of the rops hit. This allowed the canopy to drop down onto the newly mounted frame. I cut a couple of tapered wedges/shims to fit between the arms of the bracket and the bolts that I attached it with so it is good and sturdy. The canopy is now slightly below the level of the top of the rops instead of about 4 inches above it.

/ ROP HEIGHT #8  
I removed the factory bracket for the canopy and remounted it on the bottom side of the ROPS. ...... The canopy is now slightly below the level of the top of the rops instead of about 4 inches above it.

Ahhhh... Pictures ?

/ ROP HEIGHT #9  
I'll take some today and assuming I can get them uploaded, post them.

/ ROP HEIGHT #10  
Here they are. The wedges/shims are made out of some TREX (artificial decking material) that I had over from my deck project.

Attachments

• DSC01493.JPG
    DSC01493.JPG
    594.9 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC01495.JPG
    DSC01495.JPG
    378.8 KB · Views: 356