CK30HST Instrument Panel

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel #1  

LeTempt

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5065E Cab and John Deere 316GR skid steer
I bought a brand new 2008 Kioti CK30HST with KL130P FEL on Tuesday after doing a lot of research. I had to drive 240 miles one way to pick up the tractor, but I was so impressed with the tractor that I think the drive was well worth it. We are in the process of buying ~3 acres and plan on using the tractor with FEL to improve the lot in preparation for building a house and shed. The tractor is still in my trailer...can't wait for the weekend so I can put it to work!!

I do have a few questions that I will break up into multiple threads. I have found the TBN very helpful with making my choice - THANKS!!!

My first question deals with the instrumentation. There are a total of 24 indicator/warning lights on the instrument panel. The only lights that seem to work are the low oil pressure, low voltage, glow plug, parking brake, and turn signal indicators (first 3 go out after the engine is started like they are supposed to). I know most of the lights should not come on if things are working as they are supposed to, but the 4 wheel drive light, differential lock, and PTO engage lights do not come on (when that option is engaged). What indicator/warning lights are supposed to work?

The operator's manual is not very clear on this. There are a bunch of "universal symbols" in the forward section of the manual, but there is no description of what is supposed to be displayed other than the easy checker information on page 5-8 (starting) and 5-24 (check during operation). Seems like a big waste of money for Kioti to buy these really nice instrument panels and then most of it has no function.

The hour meter says it is supposed to indicate hours and portions of hours, but it only reads full hours. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Jeff
Enterprise, AL

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel #2  
Mine only displays full hours. My fuel gauge always says full, I understand they commonly stick. But that is a small thing, I love the tractor.

Mark

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel #3  
I have a CK25. I've never seen a PTO light nor a 4WD light come on. My guess is that the instrument panel is used differently on different models in different countries as safety regulations vary. Just like I don't have a manual fuel cutoff (wish I did) while others do. PTO light might be for models with an electrically actuated PTO; same for 4WD. Like the DK models.

This has been discussed before and I haven't heard much input from dealers on this either. Dealers, do you know what the real story is here?

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel #4  
I have had the "low coolant" light come on which is somewhat non-intuitive when it happens. Lots of the lights aren't supposed to work. I don't get much use out of my baby toes either.

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel
Well...one more indicator light now works on the instrument panel. With the help of Michigan Iron and BTI I got my headlights working last night, and my high beam indicator light now works. I sent Kioti an email a couple days ago asking just what is supposed to be working on the instrument panel. I will let you know what they have to say.

Jeff
Enterprise, AL
CK30HST

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel #6  
The Kioti tractors are fine. The owner's manuals are not so good. I have found so much contradictory information within the owner's manual and elsewhere on the tractor. Example: The owner's manual says to change oil every 50 hours. Probably overkill if anything but I have done just as called for in the book. I pulled off a side panel and found a sticker advising owners to see that oil gets changed every 75 hours and also initially change at 35 hours while the book claims 50.

I just changed my fuel filter so I had to bleed the fuel line to remove air and that was easy enough.The problem was that I looked up the procedure in the manual as I needed to learn the procedure. I believe I got rerouted at least twice after getting the section page and going there only to find a notice that I need to go to another section because there was no solution to the problem on that page as the index advised. Darn it, why can't they tell you the right page in the first place.

The other day I read in the book that the tractors have a plug beneath the bellhousing that might get some water in it from normal rain snow etc. We are talking the space housing flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. Nothing more and nothing less. It also said that this plug should be drained from time to time so I got my pan on the floor and figured it's about time I check this plug and drain off any water from this housing that probably has developed by this time. Well out it came and with it 80-90 weight axle grease from the front axle draining and certainly no water. I manged to plug that back up and double checked to make sure I had un screwed the right plug. I had so now I had to check the front end and I found the axle was low by about the same amount that had escaped from this supposed water drain. I don't believe anything is wrong with my tractor I think the book is screwy. I refilled the 6-8 oz in the front axle. I'm very skeptical of this owners manual and believe it can be improved upon and brought up to date.

I'm going to start keeping track so someday I will count up the discrpancies and send Kioti a little reminder it's time to rewrite the books.

Not too big of a deal but all the same an annoyance.

rimshot

Last edited:
   / CK30HST Instrument Panel #7  
Seems like a big waste of money for Kioti to buy these really nice instrument panels and then most of it has no function.

I just reassembled my instrument panel, and yes, there are many warning
lights that are not used. Some have their names written on the PC board
in English, like "draft control". Others are in Korean, and my Korean is rusty.
I took a couple of pix and will post. I energized a couple of them to better
see what kind of symbol was there. I briefly considered using one or more
of them for indicator lights for my 2 solenoid hyd valves. Unfortunately, you
would have to add pins to the connectors, so I did not.

As for the manuals, they are not a lot of help in the wiring diagram area,
that's for sure.

TBN used to have a poster who was involved in editing the service manual.
(Where are you, KiotiJohn?)

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel #8  
If i were to guess i would say that they use the same dashes in a lot of there tractors. I think the more money you spend to get the next bigger model the more features you will get. As for the PTO and 4WD lights I think they will work on the electronic models that you just flip a toggle type switch for the 4WD to work or the PTO. I may be wrong, Hope to hear from some one with on of the bigger boys out there to see if this is true. Although i wish they did work on my ck20.

/ CK30HST Instrument Panel #9  
If i were to guess i would say that they use the same dashes in a lot of there tractors. I think the more money you spend to get the next bigger model the more features you will get. As for the PTO and 4WD lights I think they will work on the electronic models that you just flip a toggle type switch for the 4WD to work or the PTO. I may be wrong, Hope to hear from some one with on of the bigger boys out there to see if this is true. Although i wish they did work on my ck20.

Here are the photos I mentioned.

If you look closely at the back of the panel, you can see that this panel is
used for the M27 and M26 series tractors. The M27 is the CK25/30/35 in the
U.S. I do not know what other models are in included in the M27 series. I
suspect the M26 is the CK20. The DK tractors use a different panel, from
what I remember.

In the other photo, 2 of the "extra" mystery lights are lit up green.

Attachments

• Inst_panel1.JPG
    Inst_panel1.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 589
  • Inst_panel2.JPG
    Inst_panel2.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,534