Oil & Fuel Oil Change Oops

/ Oil Change Oops #1  

KenGod

Silver Member
Tractor
CK2610HST
Even Good Dealers like my local one have bad days, I went to pick up oil and filter for the ck20. I couldn't remember how much oil it took, so I asked the counter. He told me 1.9 gallons and gave me 2 gallons of oil and filter.Got home changed oil, took dipstick out to check oil level before I started it and oil was shooting out of the dipstick hole like a fountain.:eek:
I had to drain out about 1 gallon before The level was right.

Well even a good dealer can make mistakes, I called him about it and he said stop by, he will give a gallon of oil for free.
He cant take all the blame tho, I should have not been so lazy and checked the manual myself.
If nothing else,we should learn form our mistakes, Im sure I will always know my ck20 takes .9 gallons of oil.

Ken

/ Oil Change Oops #2  
Even Good Dealers like my local one have bad days, I went to pick up oil and filter for the ck20. I couldn't remember how much oil it took, so I asked the counter. He told me 1.9 gallons and gave me 2 gallons of oil and filter.Got home changed oil, took dipstick out to check oil level before I started it and oil was shooting out of the dipstick hole like a fountain.:eek:

Well even a good dealer can make mistakes, I called him about it and he said stop by, he will give a gallon of oil for free.
He cant take all the blame tho, I should have not been so lazy and checked the manual myself.
If nothing else,we should learn form our mistakes, Im sure I will always know my ck20 takes .9 gallons of oil.

Ken

I still think you are figuring too much, Ken. The book for my CK20 says .69 gallon not .9. Am i wrong or are is it you.

rimshot

/ Oil Change Oops
You very well might be right. I just drained the oil back out till the dipstick showed full.

Either way I know its less then one gallon.

Ken

/ Oil Change Oops #4  

Ken
It would not have hurt to check the oil level a time or two as you went along refilling it.

/ Oil Change Oops
Lbrown,

So True, I could have avoided that whole mess if I wasn't in a rush.

/ Oil Change Oops #6  
That's not a bad oops to have......starting it up with no oil would be a big time OOPS!!......Mike.

/ Oil Change Oops #7  
I still think you are figuring too much, Ken. The book for my CK20 says .69 gallon not .9. Am i wrong or are is it you.

rimshot

Now we can take an average, my manual says .84 U.S. gals.

/ Oil Change Oops #9  
That's not a bad oops to have......starting it up with no oil would be a big time OOPS!!......Mike.
You could also start it up with the filter double gasketed.:rolleyes: It drains the oil fairly quickly!

/ Oil Change Oops #10  
You could also start it up with the filter double gasketed.:rolleyes: It drains the oil fairly quickly!

You are absolutly correct my friend:)
When they say to remove the old gasket, they really, really, really mean it, and don't ask me how I know these things
Tom