Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94

    Default Oil Change Oops

    Even Good Dealers like my local one have bad days, I went to pick up oil and filter for the ck20. I couldn't remember how much oil it took, so I asked the counter. He told me 1.9 gallons and gave me 2 gallons of oil and filter.Got home changed oil, took dipstick out to check oil level before I started it and oil was shooting out of the dipstick hole like a fountain.
    I had to drain out about 1 gallon before The level was right.

    Well even a good dealer can make mistakes, I called him about it and he said stop by, he will give a gallon of oil for free.
    He cant take all the blame tho, I should have not been so lazy and checked the manual myself.
    If nothing else,we should learn form our mistakes, Im sure I will always know my ck20 takes .9 gallons of oil.

    Ken
    I can build you anything if you draw a picture of it on the back of a Big Enough Check

  2. #2
    Platinum Member rimshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    607
    Location
    Michigan
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 (S) HST

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    Quote Originally Posted by KenGod View Post
    Even Good Dealers like my local one have bad days, I went to pick up oil and filter for the ck20. I couldn't remember how much oil it took, so I asked the counter. He told me 1.9 gallons and gave me 2 gallons of oil and filter.Got home changed oil, took dipstick out to check oil level before I started it and oil was shooting out of the dipstick hole like a fountain.
    I had to drain out about 1 gallon before The level was right.

    Well even a good dealer can make mistakes, I called him about it and he said stop by, he will give a gallon of oil for free.
    He cant take all the blame tho, I should have not been so lazy and checked the manual myself.
    If nothing else,we should learn form our mistakes, Im sure I will always know my ck20 takes .9 gallons of oil.

    Ken
    I still think you are figuring too much, Ken. The book for my CK20 says .69 gallon not .9. Am i wrong or are is it you.

    rimshot
    CK20(s) HST , snow blower, hoe, FEL

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    You very well might be right. I just drained the oil back out till the dipstick showed full.

    Either way I know its less then one gallon.

    Ken
    I can build you anything if you draw a picture of it on the back of a Big Enough Check

  4. #4
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    16,854
    Location
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    Quote Originally Posted by KenGod View Post
    Even Good Dealers like my local one have bad days, I went to pick up oil and filter for the ck20. I couldn't remember how much oil it took, so I asked the counter. He told me 1.9 gallons and gave me 2 gallons of oil and filter.Got home changed oil, took dipstick out to check oil level before I started it and oil was shooting out of the dipstick hole like a fountain.
    I had to drain out about 1 gallon before The level was right.

    Well even a good dealer can make mistakes, I called him about it and he said stop by, he will give a gallon of oil for free.
    He cant take all the blame tho, I should have not been so lazy and checked the manual myself.
    If nothing else,we should learn form our mistakes, Im sure I will always know my ck20 takes .9 gallons of oil.

    Ken
    It would not have hurt to check the oil level a time or two as you went along refilling it.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    Lbrown,

    So True, I could have avoided that whole mess if I wasn't in a rush.
    I can build you anything if you draw a picture of it on the back of a Big Enough Check

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    433
    Location
    Lake View,N.Y.(WNY)
    Tractor
    International 184(1980),KIOTI DK40(2002))

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    That's not a bad oops to have......starting it up with no oil would be a big time OOPS!!......Mike.
    "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."

  7. #7
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    406
    Location
    Western CT
    Tractor
    Kioti 20 HST ancient Rhino traded in

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    Quote Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
    I still think you are figuring too much, Ken. The book for my CK20 says .69 gallon not .9. Am i wrong or are is it you.

    rimshot
    Now we can take an average, my manual says .84 U.S. gals.

  8. #8
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    357
    Location
    Dartmouth College/Lake Sunapee Region, west central New Hampshire.
    Tractor
    Can't remember

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    Hi,
    I know it's a little late, but the CK20 engine oil capacity is 2.76 US Quarts and 3.36 Qts. for the CK20S.
    Good Luck
    KiotiDave
    David G.

  9. #9
    Banned shvl73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,552
    Location
    NH
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2810HST

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    Quote Originally Posted by northcreek2624 View Post
    That's not a bad oops to have......starting it up with no oil would be a big time OOPS!!......Mike.
    You could also start it up with the filter double gasketed. It drains the oil fairly quickly!

  10. #10
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    432
    Location
    North Maryland

    Default Re: Oil Change Oops

    Quote Originally Posted by shvl73 View Post
    You could also start it up with the filter double gasketed. It drains the oil fairly quickly!
    You are absolutly correct my friend
    When they say to remove the old gasket, they really, really, really mean it, and don't ask me how I know these things
    Tom
    CK30HST, KL130 FEL w/Toothbar, Rhino 75 BH, Woods 72"RFM, 5' Rotary Cutter, 5' Kioti Box Blade, Woods PHD, Woods 72" RB w/Skid Shoes,
    Pallet Forks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.