Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default Oil Change Oops

Even Good Dealers like my local one have bad days, I went to pick up oil and filter for the ck20. I couldn't remember how much oil it took, so I asked the counter. He told me 1.9 gallons and gave me 2 gallons of oil and filter.Got home changed oil, took dipstick out to check oil level before I started it and oil was shooting out of the dipstick hole like a fountain.
    I had to drain out about 1 gallon before The level was right.

Well even a good dealer can make mistakes, I called him about it and he said stop by, he will give a gallon of oil for free.
    He cant take all the blame tho, I should have not been so lazy and checked the manual myself.
    If nothing else,we should learn form our mistakes, Im sure I will always know my ck20 takes .9 gallons of oil.

Ken
    I can build you anything if you draw a picture of it on the back of a Big Enough Check

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 (S) HST

Default Re: Oil Change Oops

Quote Originally Posted by KenGod View Post
    Even Good Dealers like my local one have bad days, I went to pick up oil and filter for the ck20. I couldn't remember how much oil it took, so I asked the counter. He told me 1.9 gallons and gave me 2 gallons of oil and filter.Got home changed oil, took dipstick out to check oil level before I started it and oil was shooting out of the dipstick hole like a fountain.

Well even a good dealer can make mistakes, I called him about it and he said stop by, he will give a gallon of oil for free.
    He cant take all the blame tho, I should have not been so lazy and checked the manual myself.
    If nothing else,we should learn form our mistakes, Im sure I will always know my ck20 takes .9 gallons of oil.

Ken
    I still think you are figuring too much, Ken. The book for my CK20 says .69 gallon not .9. Am i wrong or are is it you.

rimshot
    CK20(s) HST , snow blower, hoe, FEL

Bronze Member

You very well might be right. I just drained the oil back out till the dipstick showed full.

Either way I know its less then one gallon.

Ken
    I can build you anything if you draw a picture of it on the back of a Big Enough Check

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by KenGod View Post

Ken
    It would not have hurt to check the oil level a time or two as you went along refilling it.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Bronze Member

Lbrown,

So True, I could have avoided that whole mess if I wasn't in a rush.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    International 184(1980),KIOTI DK40(2002))

That's not a bad oops to have......starting it up with no oil would be a big time OOPS!!......Mike.
    "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 20 HST ancient Rhino traded in

Quote Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
    I still think you are figuring too much, Ken. The book for my CK20 says .69 gallon not .9. Am i wrong or are is it you.

rimshot
    Now we can take an average, my manual says .84 U.S. gals.

Advertiser
    Dartmouth College/Lake Sunapee Region, west central New Hampshire.
    Tractor
    Can't remember

Hi,
    I know it's a little late, but the CK20 engine oil capacity is 2.76 US Quarts and 3.36 Qts. for the CK20S.
    Good Luck
    KiotiDave
    David G.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810HST

Quote Originally Posted by northcreek2624 View Post
    That's not a bad oops to have......starting it up with no oil would be a big time OOPS!!......Mike.
    You could also start it up with the filter double gasketed. It drains the oil fairly quickly!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by shvl73 View Post
    You could also start it up with the filter double gasketed. It drains the oil fairly quickly!
    You are absolutly correct my friend
    When they say to remove the old gasket, they really, really, really mean it, and don't ask me how I know these things
    Tom
    CK30HST, KL130 FEL w/Toothbar, Rhino 75 BH, Woods 72"RFM, 5' Rotary Cutter, 5' Kioti Box Blade, Woods PHD, Woods 72" RB w/Skid Shoes,
    Pallet Forks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast