Backhoe Backhoe bucket

/ Backhoe bucket #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
I have a Kioti backhoe - 2375 with 16 in bucket. Shouldda bought the 8in too, but didn't. Anyone know if this is some sort of a standard bucket as to pins/mounting? I have a friend with a Kubota who's offered to lend me his 8 in bucket if it fits. As for the future, I'd also keep an eye out for a used one if I thought it might fit.
Anyone know?

David

/ Backhoe bucket #2  
I would be surprised if it fit. When I bought an extra bucket for my B21 Kubota was the only supplier I could find for that hoe.

Not sure how your soil is there but if you have clay an 8" bucket can be hard to empty in sticky clay. Not sure how it works with lava. :eek:

MarkV

/ Backhoe bucket #3  
I have switched between Kioti and Rhino.
If you do try the Kubota let us know one way or the other.

/ Backhoe bucket #4  
My 2376 hoe came with an 18" bucket, so I ordered a 9" from my dealer. It was about $250.00 new; not worth looking around for a used one, they'd still want $200.00 for it unless it was total junk ;)

/ Backhoe bucket #5  
My 2376 hoe came with an 18" bucket, so I ordered a 9" from my dealer. It was about $250.00 new; not worth looking around for a used one, they'd still want $200.00 for it unless it was total junk ;)

I bought a new one from Rick at the last cookout, don't remember exact price, but was reasonable, for what it is worth, it's a strong built bucket. Came with the pins also, something else to consider.

Joel

/ Backhoe bucket
Thanks
Yea, love to buy one from Rick - just afraid the shipping $ would bankrupt me.

David

/ Backhoe bucket #7  
I tried a John Deere 9" on my Rhino 75. Wouldn't work. Pin spacing different.

/ Backhoe bucket #8  
for what its worth, I have both 18 and 9 buckets, the 18 works well, as for the 9 inch, unless I am digging in dry sand or gravel it plugs prety bad, tried to dig a trench for water lines, spent more time with a pry bar cleaning the bucket out than digging, this was sandy soil damp not dry, even dry it plugged

/ Backhoe bucket #9  
Thanks
Yea, love to buy one from Rick - just afraid the shipping $ would bankrupt me.

David

Have him bring it to you. He likes to travel and is probably looking for an excuse for a road trip now that he has his new truck and it is zero degrees in PA. I'm sure that fancy new truck floats too.

/ Backhoe bucket #10  
MarkV, and laurencen are correct about the clay sticking in a small bucket. Anything smaller than a 12" bucket can be frustrating. This can be so bad that it renders the buck useless.

I have a 6" bucket, and after considerable time spent on this, have the following suggestions for small bucket users:

Forget about the piece of chain, putting holes in it, using silicone, or Pam, etc. I have tried them all.

If you have clay soil, dig when the ground is dry.

If you find the soil is sticking, the best way to get it to release, is to shake the bucket upward, (after you curl it), with the open side facing up. Using this technique, along with not trying to take really big bites, (that just packs it in tighter). I can dig at a reasonable speed, and avoid having to constantly get off the machine and clear the bucket. Shaking it open side down, (when dumping it), is futile. This actually packs it in tighter.

This kind of digging is hard on your equipment, it causes accelerated wear on everything.

If you have a lot of narrow digging to do, rent a trencher. It's fast and easy.