I should have had this done before delivery....

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #1  

warhammer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST
I think I need to get the rear tires filled as I frequently spin the rear tires while doing work. I do not have a tractor hauler.
Would it be crazy to take just the wheels to a dealer and have it done? Can two people move a filled wheel without mayhem?
On my lower field the only access is down some terraced acreage. The tractor goes up and down these fine now with no feeling of instability. Needs to be in Mid with fwd on to go up. Would filled tires make this more unstable?

Warhammer

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #2  
I would think as a general comment filled tires would make more stable rather than less.

I don't know the size of your tires, but some can get super heavy filled, there must be some formula out there to calculate.

In a recent thread there was talk by I think Island with regards to how heavy filled tires are.

Joel

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #3  
I filled my tires after the fact.
Not sure what you're planning on filling them with, but the Rim Guard website (Rim Guard - Liquid Tire Ballast) has a table under the "documentation" tab that shows gallons and weight of specific tire sizes. Bearing in mind that I have a small tractor, I pulled the rears off and loaded them in the back of my pickup with a "cherry picker" engine crane. I welded a U bolt to a piece of bar about a foot long and put that in the center hole of the wheel so I had something to hook the chain on, it worked fine. Once I got the loaded tires out of the truck, I stood them up and rolled them into place along the hub. Wasn't hard at all to re-install.

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #4  
A good farm service or tire service should be able to come and do it at your place should they not?

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #5  
I had to remove my loaded tires to install wheel spacers............. they were waaaay heavier than I anticipated. I just rolled them a very short distance and leaned them against a wall. If one would have fallen on it's side, there would have beeen no way I could have lifted it back up. I'd guesstimate they weighed four hundred+ pounds each.

If I were looking to get tires filled, I'd probably remove them and bring them to the dealer myself as you suggested. You will want to have plenty of help getting them out of your truck or trailer when you get home though. Gawd help you if one falls on your foot !!

I've got RimGuard in mine and only have good things to say about loaded tires. They most definitely add stability to the tractor. The only down side I'd see is if you do alot of finish mowing...... they will tend to be a little tougher on a lawn because of the added weight.

Having them done at your place , as mentioned, is another good option. I'm just too stubborn (cheap?) to pay extra to have someone come out. Depending on your situation..... paying extra may be better than a smushed toe or other injury.:eek:

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #6  
Doesn't TSC or some of the other tool places have the tools to install the fluid yourself? Then you need to deal with getting the fluid, but I have seen posts were folks here have done it.

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #7  
Why not fill them at home yourself? Your far enough south that water, environmentally friendly anti-freeze, a $15 valve from NAPA or TSC and a drill powered pump ($20?) is all that is needed. Do a search here and the procedure has been covered a number of times.

MarkV

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #8  
Warhammer, Just go to Tractor Supply and get the nozzle that goes on the end of a garden hose and attaches to the valve stem. 1st, remove the schrader (sp?) valve inside the valve stem. Attach a funnel via a small tube to the stem. Put in a gallon or 2 of anti-freeze. Attach hose and fill to approx. 75% full. Repeat for other side. Done....Total cost with 1 gal anti-freeze in each tire, about $30....

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #9  
I got a guy who does that[he has a truck,pump and every thing else needed] come to my house and he did it in carport,tires stayed on tractor,took about 1 1/2 or so. Filled them with water and methinal.

Mine is a ck 30 with industral tires[same size I believe as ck25 and 35]. Put about 10 gal or so methinal in each tire mixed with water.Thats supposed to be good down to well below zero,don't know for sure know. Each tire held about 35 gal or so,which would be about280 lbs in each tire[Ithink?]
So tires and rims would probably weigh well over 300 lbs,maybe 350 or more?

That would be your best bet.

Methinal weighs about same as water,or maybe less,that beet juice is even heavier.

/ I should have had this done before delivery.... #10  
I think I need to get the rear tires filled as I frequently spin the rear tires while doing work. I do not have a tractor hauler.
Would it be crazy to take just the wheels to a dealer and have it done? Can two people move a filled wheel without mayhem?
On my lower field the only access is down some terraced acreage. The tractor goes up and down these fine now with no feeling of instability. Needs to be in Mid with fwd on to go up. Would filled tires make this more unstable?

Warhammer

I recommend using Rimguard. Read about it, and save your rims. It's a great product at a low price.
Rim Guard - Liquid Tire Ballast