Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit?

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #1  
If you put a quick attack conversion kit on Kioti FEL (or any other brand for that matter), could you attach and operate skid steer implements?

Specifically I am looking to run a Harley rake and rock hound. I know they make these in a 3 pt hitch version but you can't rent them from the local skid steer rental place. I know the skid steers usually have front remotes to hook into so this could be the limiting factor on a tractor FEL.

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #2  
You will not have enough hydraulic flow.
You will also overheat your hydraulic system.
I have a customer that is running a DK55 and we mounted a Rock-a-Way and he said he is very happy.
We worked with Rock-a-Way to have a smaller gpm pump installed on the unit.

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #3  
Wallace is right. Simple attachments with a cylinder or 2 won't be a problem. You don't have enough flow for most attachments that use any type of hydraulic motor. Many attachments with motors will require flow rates in the 16-22 gpm range.

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #4  
Also weight would be a major concern, Those rakes are way out front and HEAVY, especially the RockHound since it collects the debris vs. windrowing it off to the side like the Harley rake does.

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #5  
Yes,

I think the weight is an issue. I nearly tipped my DK55 over a couple of times this week loading trash into a dump truck. The combination of not exactly level, high lift to get over the edge, a grapple attachment(more weight) and she almost went over, in fact not sure if it was before or after, it rolled the front tire off the rim.

Here's a pic of my set-up.

On the hydraulic front, I've noticed I either don't have the power or the pump is hot and not working to capacity, but the grapple at some points will not open as I am moving and/or articulating the bucket. Is it possible to go to / retrofit a higher capacity pump? I'd like to get a hydraulic post hole auger.

Attachments

• IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 1,031
   / Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #6  
On the hydraulic front, I've noticed I either don't have the power or the pump is hot and not working to capacity, but the grapple at some points will not open as I am moving and/or articulating the bucket. Is it possible to go to / retrofit a higher capacity pump? I'd like to get a hydraulic post hole auger.

Something is wrong and it is not your pump capacity. It does not take much hydraulic flow to open and close a grapple. I could do it easily with my CK20. Obviously you have either a diverter valve or a third function valve so I would explore whether those are operating properly or blocked in some way rather than looking for a higher capacity pump.

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #7  
Yes,

I think the weight is an issue. I nearly tipped my DK55 over a couple of times this week loading trash into a dump truck. The combination of not exactly level, high lift to get over the edge, a grapple attachment(more weight) and she almost went over, in fact not sure if it was before or after, it rolled the front tire off the rim.

Here's a pic of my set-up.

I would suggest, that if you want to use attachments on the front, you need more weight on the back. If you want more hydraulic power, use one of the PTO pumps below. I have a brother that lives in Hickory, NC, and I used to go their every summer in my younger days.

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #8  
Thanks IT and JJ - I'll check both your suggestions out.

I like the thought of a PTO pump to run a post hole digger(I like the reversing capability). I hadn't looked at them though - I guess you have an auxiliary tank as well.

Hickory is nice, our farm is about 12 miles south off 18.

/ Skid steer implements on a Kioti FEL with quick attach kit? #9  
There are HPD's designed for CUT's that have low flow requirements.