Ballast CK20 TLB Weight

/ CK20 TLB Weight #1  

baggio95

Tractor
'03 CK20 HST
I can't seem to find the total weight for the TLB in the manuals or searching the forum. Does anyone happen to know the weight with both backhoe and loader installed or there individual weights? Thanks

/ CK20 TLB Weight #2  
CK20 w/ AG tires and ROPS = 2,138 lbs
KL120 FEL w/ bucket = 650 lbs
KB2365 BH w/o bucket = 785 lbs
16" BH bucket = I guess to be around 50 lbs

Total = 3573 lbs or around 3623 lbs with the BH bucket. Weights of attachments are approx per Kioti's site.

/ CK20 TLB Weight #3  
CK20 w/ AG tires and ROPS = 2,138 lbs
KL120 FEL w/ bucket = 650 lbs
KB2365 BH w/o bucket = 785 lbs
16" BH bucket = I guess to be around 50 lbs

Total = 3573 lbs or around 3623 lbs with the BH bucket. Weights of attachments are approx per Kioti's site.
==================

Perhaps I'm wrong but I've been figuring the newer KB2465 backhoe for a CK20 at 1100 lbs.

rimshot

Last edited:
   / CK20 TLB Weight #5  
==================

Perhaps I'm wrong but I've been figuring the newer KB2465 backhoe for a CK20 at 1100 lbs.

rimshot

Yeah the site list the KB2465 BH at 1,036lbs w/o the bucket. I wonder why it is so much heavier then the 2365, it must be the curved design. Considering it has a slightly shorter digging depth, shorter reach, lower digging force, requires higher operating pressure (higher rpms), and roughly the same dipperstick digging force I wonder if it is much of an upgrade after all... :confused:

I'll stick with my 2365, that backhoe is amazingly strong. :cool:

/ CK20 TLB Weight #6  
Yeah the site list the KB2465 BH at 1,036lbs w/o the bucket. I wonder why it is so much heavier then the 2365, it must be the curved design. Considering it has a slightly shorter digging depth, shorter reach, lower digging force, requires higher operating pressure (higher rpms), and roughly the same dipperstick digging force I wonder if it is much of an upgrade after all... :confused:

I'll stick with my 2365, that backhoe is amazingly strong. :cool:
======================

Digging depth at the web site I'm comparing at has the two backhoes practically the same. They are claiming a difference between the two models at only 1/10 of an inch difference for dig depth. I guess it depends on how you hold the tape I would say. That's no significant difference at all for digging depth.

Reach does show the 2365 6" longer than the 2465 but the curved boom allows the operator to manuever a bit closer which makes up for it. No significant difference here because remember the digging depth above lists 1/10 of an inch difference

Digging force kb 2365 @ 2875 lbs force and 2875 for the kb2465. it's all a matter of who's got their thumb on the scale. Doesn't seem like enough difference to write home about. I'm thinking if those two backhoes got in a fight they would end up in a draw.

KIOTI - run ahead of the pack!

KIOTI - run ahead of the pack!

rimshot

/ CK20 TLB Weight #7  
Digging force kb 2365 @ 2875 lbs force and 2817.5 for the kb2465. it's all a matter of who's got their thumb on the scale.

I corrected your numbers, they are not the same. Surely it's not a huge difference but still why make a new style backhoe weaker, it should be at least as strong if not stronger. I am sure they measure these numbers the same exact way on both attachments.

/ CK20 TLB Weight #8  
I had the KB2365 and liked it a lot but the KB2465 is clearly an improvement. The valves for one have been improved, that was a weak point on the 2365. The operator station is also more comfortable from my quick check of a 2465. I cannot recall specifics but there was something about the stabilizers I like more too. I'm not saying that I'd trade in a 2365 but if they were parked next to each other and the same price I'd personally choose the 2465 even if it was off by 1% in measured performance stats.