Need new cab door window!

/ Need new cab door window! #1  

Piney Woods Rooter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 585-DI & Kioti DK55C w/upgraded 1595 FEL
Been away for awhile and it's good to be back - but not for this reason. :(

Does anybody know how much it costs to replace the driver side, door glass on a 2003 DK55C?

Thanks, PWR

/ Need new cab door window! #2  
Sorry I cant help with a price but would love to hear the story of how you reached this point.:eek::rolleyes: BTW welcome back!

/ Need new cab door window! #3  
All but a very few cab doors get broken while the tractor is operated with the door open instead of closed. Tip of the day, close the doors before moving the tractor.

/ Need new cab door window! #4  
Been away for awhile and it's good to be back - but not for this reason. :(

Does anybody know how much it costs to replace the driver side, door glass on a 2003 DK55C?

Thanks, PWR

Piney: Sorry to hear about your door, but the price of this is probably going hurt you even more when you want to hear. To replace the glass is $528. plus any additional parts you may need. To replace the whole door not the whole tractor you are looking at about $1,018:eek:, then you have shipping on top of that, which has to come via LTL truck to your local dealer because they can't ship glass like that UPS for either of these items. I hope this helps you out. We have had a couple customers have this happen before, so you not the only one.

/ Need new cab door window!
That's going to hurt!

I'll need to survey the damage when I get back from offshore but I'm expecting the metal frame to be okay.

Thanks

ps Thanks for condolences and the "welcome back"!!!

Piney...you going by chopper?

No - laid up for weather now. Wind NW 30-35 knots.

How are things in Newfoundland? Worked out of Gander towing icebergs back in the 80's. Man, those were good times!!!

/ Need new cab door window! #9  
We're doing OK here. As you may know, we lost a chopper here a few weeks ago on a routine flight to the offshore rigs. We lost 17 of the 18 people onboard.

That one hit close to home for us, as my wife and I have been on that chopper on occasion.

Take care out there. Come back and visit sometime.

Jon

/ Need new cab door window! #10  
I have done this twice. Not hard to replace , just hard on the billfold.