Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DK35SE knocking

I am posting thios for a friend. Last month he bought a new DK35SE w/ loader. Saturday he was clipping his pasture when the tractor started developing engine trouble. Clipping a short growth in the pasture, not loading the engine, suddenly the engine emmited as loud "pop". Along with the sound, the engine started putting out white smoke as he shut it down. After bringing his son, a diesel mechanic, to the site- they checked the oil and restarted the tractor. The white smoke cleared up as the engine strated right up, but now a distint lower end knock could be heard. The tractor was idled during the 5 minute trip back to the barn.

To add to the conditions, he fueled the trasctor Friday from a clean fuel jug with diesel bought a a local station. No water was present in the fuel can.

Question is, what now. Since the tractor has ONLY 12 hours on it, can he demand a new tractor? I suggested he also ask for a loaner tractor. Springtime in Mississippi is our busy time when it comes to rural living.

What rights does he have, as far as demanding another tractor?

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

Default Re: DK35SE knocking

He can ask all he wants but will it happen???
    What he needs to do is contact the dealer and explain what happened.
    Give the dealer a chance to check things out and make it right.
    If you go in demand it may prolong the process.
    Just give it a bit of time.
    Wallace Tractor and Equipment
    www.wallacetractorandequipment.com
    rwallacetractor@echoes.net
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

We're not just a tractor store anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    He can ask all he wants but will it happen???
    What he needs to do is contact the dealer and explain what happened.
    Give the dealer a chance to check things out and make it right.
    If you go in demand it may prolong the process.
    Just give it a bit of time.
    He contacted the dealer today. He was asked to bring the tractor in for warranty repair. Is this the norm to have to haul it yourself (for warranty repair)?

yes usually, kubota same way........

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by crewguy View Post
    He contacted the dealer today. He was asked to bring the tractor in for warranty repair. Is this the norm to have to haul it yourself (for warranty repair)?
    Actually from intensive reading of this forum if the dealer is even moderately nearby there does not seem to be a norm.

Some dealers send out service techs, some pick it up, some ignore you.

With a DK35 w/ loader it seems that if the buyer has a trailer he might get faster service by bringing it in.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

I've always done the transporting for my warranty work.
    Kioti CK30HST, FEL w/toothbar, 60" RC, 60" BB, PJ 10k trailer. Weekend warrior hauling 50 miles each way.

Veteran Member

I have a JD and a kubota dealer that are side by side near me. The JD dealer expects you to bring the machine in for warranty work, the Kubota dealer will come get it.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Tractor
    Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004

Sounds like what should be a straight forward warranty repair, the benefits of buying new.

Joel
    Joel
    2004 Kioti LK3054XS TLB
    Woods Box Blade
    King Cutter Tiller
    Three Point Snow Blower
    York rake
    60 inch king kutter tiller
    2000 Dodge Durango 5.9

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

I wonder what could have happened for a low end nock with only 12 hrs on the clock? Very strange. Maybe the oil pump was fauly or the crank was ground incorrectly (although I'm sure Kioti has quality control peolpe to check tolerances) Regardless I'd want a completly different engine rather than having them turn the crank or whatever to fix the one that's in it. Who knows what else might be messed up by the slacker that put it togeather the first time. But who knows it could be something to do with the transmission or something else too.
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

My dealer will pick up, but, now that my DK45 is out of warranty, he charges $75 each way for hauling. I'm shopping around for a 10k trailer.
    BOB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast