DK35SE knocking

/ DK35SE knocking #1  

crewguy

I am posting thios for a friend. Last month he bought a new DK35SE w/ loader. Saturday he was clipping his pasture when the tractor started developing engine trouble. Clipping a short growth in the pasture, not loading the engine, suddenly the engine emmited as loud "pop". Along with the sound, the engine started putting out white smoke as he shut it down. After bringing his son, a diesel mechanic, to the site- they checked the oil and restarted the tractor. The white smoke cleared up as the engine strated right up, but now a distint lower end knock could be heard. The tractor was idled during the 5 minute trip back to the barn.

To add to the conditions, he fueled the trasctor Friday from a clean fuel jug with diesel bought a a local station. No water was present in the fuel can.

Question is, what now. Since the tractor has ONLY 12 hours on it, can he demand a new tractor? I suggested he also ask for a loaner tractor. Springtime in Mississippi is our busy time when it comes to rural living.

What rights does he have, as far as demanding another tractor?

/ DK35SE knocking #2  
He can ask all he wants but will it happen???
What he needs to do is contact the dealer and explain what happened.
Give the dealer a chance to check things out and make it right.
If you go in demand it may prolong the process.
Just give it a bit of time.

/ DK35SE knocking
He can ask all he wants but will it happen???
What he needs to do is contact the dealer and explain what happened.
Give the dealer a chance to check things out and make it right.
If you go in demand it may prolong the process.
Just give it a bit of time.
He contacted the dealer today. He was asked to bring the tractor in for warranty repair. Is this the norm to have to haul it yourself (for warranty repair)?

/ DK35SE knocking #4  
yes usually, Kubota same way........

/ DK35SE knocking #5  
He contacted the dealer today. He was asked to bring the tractor in for warranty repair. Is this the norm to have to haul it yourself (for warranty repair)?

Actually from intensive reading of this forum if the dealer is even moderately nearby there does not seem to be a norm.

Some dealers send out service techs, some pick it up, some ignore you.

With a DK35 w/ loader it seems that if the buyer has a trailer he might get faster service by bringing it in.

/ DK35SE knocking #7  
I have a JD and a Kubota dealer that are side by side near me. The JD dealer expects you to bring the machine in for warranty work, :( the Kubota dealer will come get it. :)

/ DK35SE knocking #8  
Sounds like what should be a straight forward warranty repair, the benefits of buying new.

Joel

/ DK35SE knocking #9  
I wonder what could have happened for a low end nock with only 12 hrs on the clock? Very strange. Maybe the oil pump was fauly or the crank was ground incorrectly (although I'm sure Kioti has quality control peolpe to check tolerances) Regardless I'd want a completly different engine rather than having them turn the crank or whatever to fix the one that's in it. Who knows what else might be messed up by the slacker that put it togeather the first time. But who knows it could be something to do with the transmission or something else too.

/ DK35SE knocking #10  
My dealer will pick up, but, now that my DK45 is out of warranty, he charges $75 each way for hauling. I'm shopping around for a 10k trailer.
BOB