What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities?

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #1  
I am still debating as to what tractor to get. I have talked to Wallace and he has been of great help but he is also 325 miles away. My "local" Kioti dealer is 30 miles away but sells Kubota units at a 25:1 ratio over Kioti and hasn't been very helpful.

Bobcat has some incredible deals right now. My local dealer has the following prices advertised (cash price):

1.) CT122 with FEL for $10,675

2.) CT 225 with FEL for $10,595

3.) CT 225 with FEL, mid-PTO and one set of rear remotes for $11,495

5.) CT 230 with FEL for $11,900

6.) CT230 with FEL, mid-PTO and one set of rear remotes for $12,388

I have read most of the threads about the loader specs of the Bobcat (Rhino) loader versus the Kioti. The Bobcat literature states the following:

1.) 6TL loader - 830# at 500mm in front of bucket pin and 1140# at bucket pivot (compared to 1074# at bucket pivot for Kioti). The Rhino specs only say 850# at pivot pins at max height.

2.) 7TL loader - 1225# and 1605# (compared to 1155# for Kioti). The Rhino specs only say 1035# at pivot pins at max height.

The CT122/CK20 is enough tractor for my needs and I really like the smaller package but the greater FEL capacity of the CT225 is very enticing. There is also not much difference in price between them. I can probably get the CK20 for about $700 less than the CT122 but I don't think I can come close to getting the CK25 for what I can get the CT225.

Right now I am leaning toward the Bobcat CT225 because of the price and FEL specs. But, if the loader specs are false, then I will most likely go with the CK20.

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #2  
Bottom line is:
the Kioti CK20S is 1074 at the pins
The CT230 (7TL) is 1035 at the pins.

I talked to the engineers at Rhino and Bobcat
Bobcat is full of BS.

I was in the same boat as you, I made the long drive to wallace and never looked back

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #3  
Maybe you could ask the bobcat dealer to prove to you what the loader will lift. Then if it does lift the advertized weight, go from there. I just bought a kioti from wallace tractor and am very happy with the decision so far.

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #4  
Did you ever get a chance to check the dealer in NY and Ohio? They are about an hour away and you mentioned saving tax money.

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #5  
Don't get wrapped up too much in the loader specifications. Numbers can easily be skewed. There is a love hate relationship between the lift capacities and lift height of a loader. If you lift higher, you loose capacity. If you don't need the high lift, you can gain more capacity for digging and breakout force. Some loaders based on their design will be better dirt/digging units. So it really matters what you want to do with your loader once you have it. Just make sure you are comparing "apples to apples" measure at same point, at same PSI and GPM. Best comparison number is at full height at front edge of bucket - this will give you a "true" working capacity of a loader.

Another consideration you may want to look at how many and how much the attachments for the loader are. Some mfgs cut the price on the loader to get the initial sale but get you later on the attachments or quick attach adapters.

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities?
Did you ever get a chance to check the dealer in NY and Ohio? They are about an hour away and you mentioned saving tax money.

I checked out the dealer websites. They have the same (or higher) sales tax in NY and OH so I won't save anything that way. Regardless, my father has ag-exempt tax status so I can buy the tractor through him.

Any other comments on the loader specs? I don't know why Bobcat would lie when it would be pretty easy to disprove their info if the specs are in fact inflated.

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #7  
Once specs are published, they've been tested thoroughly. I'd check the Pressure they were both measured at. It makes a huge difference. Example... See chart below. In this example you can actually "loose" or be mis-led by 1650 pounds of lift capacity if you compare it from pivot point to actual working load capacity at the front edge of the bucket (800mm is standard on larger loaders, I believe 400mm is for small compacts but I'd have to look it up on the gov. stds. to be sure) Even from 2500 to 3000 PSI you can lose 800 lbs of capacity. This is obviously an example on a larger loader, but it is porportionally the same in the smaller ones. Do either loaders list capacity at front edge of bucket? or spec cylinder sizes? The capacities are similar have you considered other features between the two? Pin sizes, quick grease pins, way it dismounts, is quick change bucket coupler standard, what kind of attachments are available, are they expensive?

Attachments

• PSI-DIFFERENCES.gif
    PSI-DIFFERENCES.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 154
   / What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #8  
I don't know why Bobcat would lie when it would be pretty easy to disprove their info if the specs are in fact inflated.
This is the source of confusion, the loader manufacturer (Rhino) says loaders are rated for one amount, and Bobcat says they are rated for more... Who do you believe??

/ What's the official consensus on Kioti vs. Bobcat FEL capacities? #10  
This is the source of confusion, the loader manufacturer (Rhino) says loaders are rated for one amount, and Bobcat says they are rated for more... Who do you believe??

They both could be correct. Loader manufacturers are supposed to rate based on a set of ANSE standards. I believe this could be the "one amount" Rhino is talking about. There are different standards for the compacts vs. larger loaders, this could be the "more" Bobcat refers to.