change steering box fluid/front axle fluid

/ change steering box fluid/front axle fluid #1  

casey lb1914

Tractor
Kioti LB1914
I have a Kioti lb1914, having a time of my life trying to find the steering box for a fluid change. Has anyone located it? Also trying to change the front axle fluid, Is it just the front center orange painted bolt? And the fill would be the red plastic cap on the top? I have a manual but it does'nt seem accurate. I think i found all of the threads pertaining to the lb1914, but no luck on this problem.

/ change steering box fluid/front axle fluid #2  
If you don't have a dealer nearby to ask this question, why don't you just call one of the TBN active Kioti dealers. I'm sure their mechanics could answer your question pretty easily. There just are not a lot of LB1914 owners active on this site these days.

/ change steering box fluid/front axle fluid #3  
Hi Casey,
Looking at the front axle from the front of the tractor, there should be a drain plug in the center of axle at it's lowest point. There is a fill cap on each side on top of axle between the tire and the cabinet. As you mentioned, red caps for fill and the center should be orange for the drain.
Check out on each side at the lower part of the final drives for another drain on each side in the verticle shaft housing.
Looking at the front of the tractor you will see a steering knucle/arm coming down in the center in front od the axle. The sterring box should be just above that on the older models. The newer models have hydrostatic steering and the fluid is replaced when you change your hydraulic fluids.
If you have a steering cylinder on the front you don't have to worry about a steering box.
I hope this helps complete your maintenance project and let me know if I can help any further.
KiotiDave

/ change steering box fluid/front axle fluid #4  
Hi Casey,
Looking at the front axle from the front of the tractor, there should be a drain plug in the center of axle at it's lowest point. There is a fill cap on each side on top of axle between the tire and the cabinet. As you mentioned, red caps for fill and the center should be orange for the drain.

With an older tractor, I wouldn't look too hard for the orange paint on the drains. My tractor has already had most of that orange paint rubbed off by brush. Go by the location of the drain.

/ change steering box fluid/front axle fluid
Thank you for the response, I do have a steering cylinder so that will take care one of my issues. Thanks again KiotiDave for your help, much appreciated.:)